Tuesday, December 6, 2016

ReadReadRead's Holly Jolly List of Romantic Holiday Movies - Part 2


December is here and I am so happy!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons. I get to spend time with my family. Stores are filled with all kinds of chocolate. People put up Christmas lights and all of a sudden it isn't that dark outside. You can hear Christmas music everywhere. Television is full of Christmas specials. 

Importantly, Christmas is also a time for Christmas movies. Christmas movies have had a special place in my heart since I was a child and within the last few years, I feel like I have started Christmas movies earlier and earlier. Not sure whether I should be embarrassed or not, but this year I watched my first Christmas movie in September. Yep, you read that right. 

While there are awesome Christmas classics out there, films like White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Elf and The Polar Express, my favorite type of Christmas films are those of a romantic inclination producer for television by companies like Hallmark and Marvista Entertainment. Movies that are often super predictable, but an absolute comfort to watch.

This year, I have put together a list of 20 such films I want to share with you. I don't expect many of you to want to watch 20 of such films during the holidays, but I hope that you can find even one or two to put on while having a cup of hot chocolate and a box of chocolates.

I shared the first ten films with you yesterday and now is the turn of the other 10 films. Let me know if you have seen any of these or if you plan to watch any of them during this holiday season.

----



A princess of a small European nation visiting New York decides to escape her responsibilities and runs away. She meets a man who shows her around the city, not knowing her true identity.

+ Paul Campbell is so dreamy
+ I love these Royal/Commoner storylines



After trying to pursue her dream of becoming an actress, a woman travels from New York City back to her small hometown where she reconnects with a group of old friends. Could she find her dreams from her hometown and leave New York behind?

+ I really like Sarah Lancaster
+ The guy is MASSIVELY cute


Mrs. Miracle (2009)

A widower hires a mysterious Mrs. Miracle to take care of his two sons. Quickly, this charming and somewhat magical older woman becomes irreplaceable as a friend, caretaker and a possibly even a matchmaker. 

+ Doris Roberts is an absolute treasure!



A young woman, who is taking care of her niece and nephew after they were orphaned, travels to a small European country to give the kids a chance to spend time with their grandfather. While trying to be a parent for the two young children, she starts to fall for a young prince.

+ young Sam Heughan!!
+ Royal/Commoner storyline


Let is Snow (2013)

A young executive travels to a rustic lodge to prepare herself for a business presentation that could drastically change the atmosphere of the family lodge. As she spends time with the son of the owner's, she starts to rethink her business plan.

+ Candace Cameron Bure (I might not agree with many of her personal opinions, but I like her as an actress)



A modern reimagining of Beauty and the Beast. Belle, who works for her father, travels to facilitate an estate sale of a mansion and meets the serious, handsome owner of the house. 

+ Haylie Duff used to be like the queen of this kind of films, but unfortunately hasn't done anything new for this holiday season



Miranda has never known her father. When she finds a clue about who her father could be from her mother's old possessions, Miranda travels to a small town in search of answers. 

+ Erin Krakow is probably my favorite actress who often frequents Hallmark productions



After the daughter of a widower writes to Santa Claus, asking for her mother to find happiness, the struggling writer ghostwriting as Santa Claus answers to the girl's mother. They connect via letters until a work assignment takes the man to the small town where the woman he is falling in love with through letters resides in.

+ The little girl is really good and not annoying at all
+ Loved the letter-writing aspect



A divorced woman meets a handsome military sergeant at a ski lodge. When the man is suddenly called on a work assignment, they are separated for almost a year, until their paths cross again. Can she get used to the military lifestyle, or is their love doomed even before it can begin?


A Snow Capped Christmas (aka Falling for Christmas) (2016)

An injured figure skater travels to a clinic at the mountains to recover herself for an important competition. She meets a handsome ex-ice hockey star and sparks fly!

+ FREAKING EX HOCKEY PLAYER (it's almost like this was made for me)

----

Have you seen any of these? What are some of your favorite movies to watch during the holidays?



2 comments:

  1. I watched A Christmas for Princess, as you well know, but I'm way excited to watch the rest of these. You're like a Hallmark movie godmother haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yay, I love that honorary title. These movies are very near and dear to my heart. Let me know on Twitter which ones you are watching :)

      Delete