Wednesday, July 6, 2016

"There Must Be Something In The Airwaves" (#1)


There Must Be Something In The Airwaves is a semi-regular feature here at ReadReadRead in which I share with you music I am currently blasting from my headphones and falling very much in love with. 


Summer is here... or at least it should be. The weather here hasn't been very summery yet, but there is still hope. Despite the weather I am feeling like it's summer and I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the songs I included on my summer playlist that I put together few weeks ago. I bicycle A LOT during the summer, so having good music blasting from my earphones is ESSENTIAL. 

John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16 by Keith Urban


I LOVE KEITH URBAN! He is probably the number one artist out there I would love to see live. His albums are always a perfect mix of catchy songs and slower pieces perfect for sleepy time playlists. I love pretty much every single song from the new album RIPCORD (even the one featuring Pitbull), but this one is definitely my favorite. Every time it starts playing, I feel like singing along and I think that is a sign of a perfect summer song.

House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots


Twenty One Pilots is a new find for me, but I am already obsessed with their albums. House of Gold instantly became my favorite, and I have been listening to it on repeat for a few days now. It is catchy, the lyrics are AMAZING and the video is also extremely interesting and I highly recommend watching it if you have time for it. 

Leave the Night On by Sam Hunt


I love EVERYTHING Sam Hunt does, but Leave the Night On is the song I have been listening to the most recently because there is just something really summery about it. It is also brilliant for bicycling around and low-key singing along while biking. Also, look at that guy.... he played college football and then became a musician which makes him like a character from a new adult novel.

Toothbrush by DNCE


I was a MASSIVE Jonas Brothers fan and Joe was always my favorite. I discovered DNCE from Twitter a few months ago and have since been obsessed with CAKE BY THE OCEAN. Now that I have heard TOOTHBRUSH I think I have found my new dnce favorite. The video is also really good and worth a watch!

What have you added to your playlists recently? Let me know - I am always in the look out for new songs to fall in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment