Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (#68) - Ten Backlist YA Contemporary Novels I Want To Read


Keeping up with the flood of new releases often means that I don't have time to read backlist titles, meaning older books available to different publishers. Since there are quite a few backlist titles on my Goodreads to-read list as well as on my Kindle and iPad, I thought I would make a list of YA contemporary titles I would like to get to at some point this year, hopefully already this summer.


I have liked everything I've read by Courtney Summers and I hope that before she publishes something new, I am able to catch up with her backlist titles - Fall for Anything would be a good starting point for that. 


Sign Language sounds like it is about families, friendships, falling in love and grief. Those kind of books always destroy me (the grief up), but for some reason I always keep navigating towards them. 


I read Sarah Ockler's The Summer of Chasing Mermaids when it was published, and now I want to read something else by her - The Book of Broken Hearts is one that has been recommended to me multiple times, so maybe it would be time to finally pick it up. 


I LOVE story lines where best friends fall in love, and Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg seems to fit the bill. 


Faking Normal sounds like it could be a perfect blend of more serious subjects and romance. I have heard good things!


I am weirdly obsessed with books that deal with cults, which is why I am surprised I haven't read The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly yet. 


Rites of Passage sounds like my kind of book - military academy setting, kickass female protagonist and a secret/forbidden relationship. 


I saw someone on Goodreads recommending The Things You Kiss Goodbye to fans of Courtney Summers which instantly caught my interest. 


The Summer of Letting Go seems to deal with grief, romance and more, and the title alone says that it should be read during the summer. 


These Gentle Wounds sounds tragic and beautiful. Also, Queen Emery Lord gave it a five star review on Goodreads which means I HAVE TO READ IT!

14 comments:

  1. I hope you get to all of these wonderful-sounding titles soon!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/06/an-absurdly-long-and-quite-random-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faking Normal is one I own and want to get to. A lot of these are new to me though so I will have to check them out because YA contemporaries are my favorite. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed Faking Normal is on my library's ebook collection, so I can get to it from there when I have time. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. A great topic! I, too, want to read more Courtney Summers, even though her contemporaries are supposed to be quite heavy. I'm hearing that All the Rage is intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Rage definitely is very intense, but also an extremely good and interesting read!

      Delete
  4. Great list! There are still so many great books on the backlist to try :) A lot of these sound great, and I'd love to try them someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am happy you found something interesting to add to your TBR :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy reading these books. They sound really good.


    Here's a link to my TTT for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-week-things-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, but Rites of Passage does sound good!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a lot like "my kind" of book which is why I don't know why I haven't read it yet!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great idea, I could totally come up with ten myself! I have read the Secret Lies of Minnow Bly, and it was pretty good!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one can definitely come up with a lot of books to read - I had a hard time limiting this list just to ten.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete