Saturday, April 23, 2016
Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Opening Meme
1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am reading at Turku, Finland. Wouldn't say that it is really one of the finest parts of this world, but oh well, it will do for a few more weeks until I get to go home for the summer.
2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Maybe Are You My Mother? by Alison Bechdel. I read her Fun Home for a class this spring and loved it, so I am excited to see how I feel about Are You My Mother? which focuses on her history and relationship with her mother.
3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am making grilled cheese for dinner today, so that!
4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
I LOVE HOCKEY! (that was the first thing that popped into my mind at the moment because I am currently working on a project for my queer mediation class about homosocial environments and producing queer texts about hockey players (fan fiction, youtube videos, etc.)
5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do differently today?
RELAX! Take a break if you have to!