Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (#54) - Ten Books I Wish to Read from the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge in 2016


For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here


This week, the prompt was a to share ten resolutions for 2016, but since I do not really believe in making new year's resolutions (they fail 9/10 times, right?), I will just go with a list of ten books I wish to read from the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge during 2016.



1984 by George Orwell
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Beloved by Toni Morrison
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton



Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
Gender Trouble by Judith Butler
Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry

Rory Gilmore Book Challenge - 339 books seen on screen out of which I have so far read 39.

10 comments:

  1. Love this spin on the Top Ten. I haven't read that many from this challenge. I would also like to read more!! Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing how many books the Gilmore Girls revival will reference to - maybe getting some more recent additions to this list :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to THE BELL JAR this year. It's truly a gem. I only read it for the first time in 2015 and I already can't wait for my re-read.

    I was gifted the book on my birthday, which was during a family vacation on a beach. I read in at the beach. I plan to do the same this summer when the family revisits.

    Good luck to you in 2016!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Plath's poetry in high school and been dying to read The Bell Jar ever since but for some reason I still haven't picked it up! Your comment definitely made me want to push it to the top of my TBR :)

      Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a fun challenge! I love Rory Gilmore haha. Here is my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-ten-most-ocd.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rory Gilmore (and Gilmore Girls) is the best! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy reading these books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beloved and Ethan Frome are two of my favorites. The language in both is a bit difficult to get into, especially Ethan Frome, but the extra time it takes to settle in is well worth it. I have Helter Skelter on my TBR. It looks llike you have some good reading in front of you. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read The Bluest Eye by Morrison several times and I've been meaning to get to her other books for a while now, but that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully this year! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete