Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#53) - Ten Awesome Books ("Best Books") Read in 2015


For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here


I wasn't planning on doing this week's topic, just because I have a wrap-up post coming up later on this month, but I simply couldn't resist sharing with you some of the awesome books I read this year. 

So, here is my list of 10 awesome (best) books read in 2015 (so far... there are still days left in the calendar). These are in no particular order since all are equally awesome!


The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy

Ever since I was introduced to Cora Carmack's Rusk University series, I have been yearning for a similar series, only with ice hockey players. With The Deal by Elle Kennedy, I found such awesomeness! If you are regular at my blog, you might know that I am obsessed with ice hockey, as a result of which I am ALWAYS up for a good hockey romance. The characters in this one was so damn likable and I love the chemistry between Hannah and Garrett. Garrett is also super hot and makes me think of all the real-life hockey players I love, which is ALWAYS a bonus.

The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

After reading Open Road Summer in 2014, I was EXTREMELY excited about The Start of Me and You and happy to see that it was such as awesome as I expected it to be. Emery Lord writes friendships so well, and the nerdy love-interest Max is so beyond amazing - he uses literary references, can discuss Austen's Pride and Prejudice and wears Firefly t-shirts!!! What more can you ask for?

Underwater by Marisa Reichard

Underwater is a 2016 release you should all get excited about! There's a wonderful, slow-burning romance between two extremely likable and well developed characters, an interesting patient-therapist relationship, family dynamics, beautiful writing, touching self-discovery and much more. There is also an element of mystery I did not expect at all. This novel made me think, it made me feel, and it made me see things in a new light. 

All Broke Down by Cora Carmack

I LOVE SILAS MOORE SO FREAKING MUCH! If you are looking for good new adult books, these Rusk University books are a must - they are sexy, funny, poignant, touching and incredibly well written. And there are hot athletes involved....



I was a bit skeptical about this one, mostly because it is not contemporary, and as you can see from my list, I am a contemporary kind of gal. But as I started reading, I was pleased to notice that this book is a piece of perfection that mixes contemporary with supernatural/paranormal elements. It includes all of the elements I love about contemporary, such as romance, friendships and family dynamics, and adds to the mix things like time travel. It is books like this that rekindle my love for young adult literature and remind me of the incredible creativity that can be found from this community.


Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

I have no idea why I waited so long until I picked this book up, because naturally, it was damn awesome! I was interested in the story and the characters from page one until the very end, and this made me even more convinced about the fact that Morgan Matson is one of the best YA contemporary authors out there at the moment. 

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

All the Light We Cannot See is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. I was kind of hesitant to pick it up, mainly because it is quite a big book from a genre that I am not that familiar with, but the moment I started reading it, I had a hard time putting it down. The way the story is structured took my breath away and the characters and the amount of research put into the novel is something incredible. 
Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot

I pretty much cried from happiness the moment I heard that this book was going to be published. I was obsessed with The Princess Diaries back in the day (both books and movies) and I always felt like I wanted to know more about Mia, Michael and the other wonderful characters created by Meg Cabot. I laughed, cried and fell in love again while reading this book, and I am really hoping Meg Cabot keeps going with these books, because adult-Mia truly makes an amazing character. AND ADULT MICHAEL IS EVEN MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN TEENAGER MICHAEL. IT IS KIND OF RIDICULOUS ACTUALLY.

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

This book broke my heart, made me swoon, and count my blessings. Heather Demetrios writes so damn well, and the romance between Skylar and Josh feels so real and raw. I continually felt like I wanted to give Josh a hug or give him a talk to someone. He is tragic character, but not in a stereotypical way. Like the romance, also the characters are real and raw and honest. Everything about this book was pretty much perfection...

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

I am so grateful for this book! As a fat girl, I have continually been looking for a book that features a character who is OKAY with who she is, and Julie Murphy gave me that. Willowdean is one of the best characters I have ever read about, and I so wish a book like this would have been around when I was a teenager. This book will forever be meaningful for me in many different ways, and I honestly cannot wait to read what Julie Murphy comes up with next.

What are some of your favorite books read in 2015?




3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the Love that Split the World! I own The Start of You and Me and Since You've Been Gone so I need to get to those. I should be getting All the Light We Cannot See from the library soon so I am even more excited.Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read Since You've Been Gone. I read Second Chance Summer also by Morgan Matson, and I LOVED IT!
    Great List!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Underwater was so good!!!! Great list. Here is my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-ya-novels-i.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete