Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#49) - Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To


For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here


This week is all about book to movie adaptations. I love books and I love movies and I am always willing to believe that magic can happen when two of those are put together. 

Here is my list of 10 book to movie adaptations I am looking forward to.

1. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (November 2016)


Source: EW

2. Before I Fall (an adaptation of Lauren Oliver's novel)

source: IMDB

3. Thirteen Reasons Why (an adaptation of Jay Asher's novel)


So not actually a film, but very exciting nevertheless. The pilot will be scripted by Pulitzer prize winner Brian Yorkey. 

Source: Variety

4. Eleanor and Park (an adaptation of Rainbow Rowell's novel)



5. Ready Player One (an adaptation of Ernest Cline's novel directed by Steven Spielberg)


6. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (an adaptation of Becky Albertalli's novel)

source: Variety
7. Dumplin' (an adaptation of Julie Murphy's novel)

source: Variety

8. Station Eleven (an adaptation of Emily St. John Mandel's novel)


9. Ugly Love (an adaptation of Colleen Hoover's book)


10. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (an adaptation of Jennifer E. Smith's novel starring Hailee Steinfeld and Robert Sheehan)

Source: Deadline

20 comments:

  1. Love how you have the snippets for each one!!! I am actually excited for most of these - some I didn't realize were becoming movies!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I started putting these together I thought it would be the cool way to see how there adaptations have been written about.
      Thanks for stopping by Grace! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope they do SImon well! It was such a good book and it could be an amazingly funny movie.

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-LO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast will probably be the thing that either breaks or makes the film for me.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I didn't know about 13 Reasons Why! That's exciting :)



    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited to see how they adapt it into a miniseries! Also, I quite like Selena Gomez, so it will be cool to see her acting again.

      Delete
  4. I have to read almost all of these! A few I didn't know were being optioned!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the ones optioned actually make it to the screen! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Stacy!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them and the Ugly Love movie, let's hope they both live up to expectations :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I really need from Ugly Love is the fact that it makes me swoon like the book did! My expectations for Fantastic Beasts are EXTREMELY HIGH, but I have high hopes for Eddie Redmayne and the rest of the cast.

      Delete
  6. Nice list I realized that I forgot to add The Book Thief to my list this week too as I still have to read this book or watch the movie adaptation.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read or seen The Book Thief yet - I have it on my shelf, but I just haven't got around to picking it up yet.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great movies on your list! There are quite a few on here that I want to watch myself. I am beyond excited for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I really hope I end up loving it. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Beasts is hopefully going to be AWESOME!
      Thanks for stopping by Charnell.

      Delete
  8. Oooh great list! Really looking forward to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! You've just reminded me I need to read Station Eleven too!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Station Eleven is amazing - I hope you enjoy it whenever you pick it up!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. This is a great list. I DEFINITELY want to see Station Eleven. That book was awesome. I still need to read Ready Player One. I hate myself for not having done it already, but time is at a premium right now. I will definitely see that when it comes out. Obviously I want to see Fantastic Beasts. WHO DOESN'T?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Station Eleven was such a great read!
      Ready Player One was really good, but I am afraid Spielberg will adapt it into a kids' movie, like he did with A.I.
      Fantastic Beasts is going to EPIC!

      Delete
  10. I have to confess that Ugly Love was NOT my favorite Hoover book, and I'm kind of sad that, out of all of them, that's the one that's getting made into a movie. That's just me, though! I need to read Ready Player One soon - seems like the type of book that would make a great movie!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Someday is my fave from her, and I would love to see that turned into a film!

      Delete