For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here.
Fall is here, whether we want it or not. I am actually quite a fan of fall - the weather starts to get chillier, ice hockey season starts, TV shows start again, you get to wear knit wear and cozy up with a cup of coffee or tea and a good book.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is FALL TBR. With university taking quite a bit of time at the moment, I haven't been able to read in a way I did during the summer, but I am hoping that I'll get to these books at some point during this fall.
Please let me know in the comments what you are planning to read this fall? Also, what's your fall drink of choice? Mine is probably just plain coffee now that I am exiled from the wonderful fall drinks offered by the likes of Starbucks and Costa.
1. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling - I love Mindy, so it is kind of hard for me to believe I haven't read this one already (yeah, I know it was published only last week, but still...). I loved Mindy's first book, and since then I have become more and more interested in her and her work, so I have a feeling I'll love this one even more.
2. The Martian by Andy Weir - I've had this book on my shelf since summer and I believe it is a high time to read it. The film is also coming soon, and though I probably won't be running to the movie theatre to see it, I do want to watch it at some point (mostly because of Matt Damon).
3. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman - This one sounds so epic and wonderful and exactly like a book that could make me forget my studies for a while.
4. Future Perfect by Jen Larsen - Despite the somewhat mixed reviews, I am ready to give this a chance. With Dumplin' as my favorite read for this year so far, I hope this is body positive as it is.
5. Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers - This one was highly a cover pick, but it also sounds like a wonderful contemporary read. Also, the Goodreads ratings and the reviews I've read have praised this one.
6. Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales - I absolutely LOVED This Song Will Save Your Life, so obviously I am very excited about this one. Also, that cover is absolutely beautiful!
7. Weird Girl and What's His Name by Meagan Brothers - I don't know much about this one, but for some reason I requested it for review, so yeah, that's why it's on this list. Sometimes it is good to go to books without knowing anything about them though, so we'll see what happens with this one.
8. Paperweight by Meg Haston - I have been meaning to read this one since summer, but I've heard that it might break my heart, so I will need a perfect time to read it.
9. This Is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang - I loved Amy Zhang's debut and purely because of that, this is a must item on my TBR.
10. Last First Kiss by Lia Riley - Honestly, this one does not sound like my normal kind of read, but since so many people I've chatted about this one with have loved it, I thought I should give it a try.