Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#45) - Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here


Fall is here, whether we want it or not. I am actually quite a fan of fall - the weather starts to get chillier, ice hockey season starts, TV shows start again, you get to wear knit wear and cozy up with a cup of coffee or tea and a good book. 

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is FALL TBR. With university taking quite a bit of time at the moment, I haven't been able to read in a way I did during the summer, but I am hoping that I'll get to these books at some point during this fall. 

Please let me know in the comments what you are planning to read this fall? Also, what's your fall drink of choice? Mine is probably just plain coffee now that I am exiled from the wonderful fall drinks offered by the likes of Starbucks and Costa. 



1. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling - I love Mindy, so it is kind of hard for me to believe I haven't read this one already (yeah, I know it was published only last week, but still...). I loved Mindy's first book, and since then I have become more and more interested in her and her work, so I have a feeling I'll love this one even more. 

2. The Martian by Andy Weir - I've had this book on my shelf since summer and I believe it is a high time to read it. The film is also coming soon, and though I probably won't be running to the movie theatre to see it, I do want to watch it at some point (mostly because of Matt Damon). 

3. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman - This one sounds so epic and wonderful and exactly like a book that could make me forget my studies for a while. 

4. Future Perfect by Jen Larsen - Despite the somewhat mixed reviews, I am ready to give this a chance. With Dumplin' as my favorite read for this year so far, I hope this is body positive as it is. 

5. Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers - This one was highly a cover pick, but it also sounds like a wonderful contemporary read. Also, the Goodreads ratings and the reviews I've read have praised this one.


6. Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales - I absolutely LOVED This Song Will Save Your Life, so obviously I am very excited about this one. Also, that cover is absolutely beautiful!

7. Weird Girl and What's His Name by Meagan Brothers - I don't know much about this one, but for some reason I requested it for review, so yeah, that's why it's on this list. Sometimes it is good to go to books without knowing anything about them though, so we'll see what happens with this one.

8. Paperweight by Meg Haston - I have been meaning to read this one since summer, but I've heard that it might break my heart, so I will need a perfect time to read it. 

9. This Is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang - I loved Amy Zhang's debut and purely because of that, this is a must item on my TBR.

10. Last First Kiss by Lia Riley - Honestly, this one does not sound like my normal kind of read, but since so many people I've chatted about this one with have loved it, I thought I should give it a try. 

20 comments:

  1. Why Not Me? is one I am waiting for my library to get in the audio. I loved her first book - especially the audio. She is too funny. The Martian is one I have the audio and want to get to soon as well. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished with Why Not Me? last night and oh my, it was so good! Even better than her first book. I have Why Not Me? on audio as well, so I will definitely listen to it at some point :)

      Thanks for stopping by Grace!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I have such regrets for not including 'Vengeance Road' on my list!!! It's such an autumny looking book, just look at that colour scheme! 'Future Perfect' looks like a great book too, as does 'The Martian'!!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that cover really has an autumny feel to it! :)
      I am about to start Future Perfect now - don't really know what to expect, but we'll see how it goes.
      Thanks for stopping by Katrina! :)

      Delete
  3. The Martian is THE BEST....I have recommended it to everyone I know. I listened to it on audiobook and I'd highly recommend it. I can't wait to check out Mindy's new book too, I loved her first one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds promising! Can't wait to read it!
      I finished with Mindy's book yesterday and it was perfection.
      Thanks for stopping by Heather :)

      Delete
  4. I did not know Mindy had a new book out! I loved the first one. She's so funny. Reading it felt like talking to your best friend. Adding it to my tbr now! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy really is the best! I've been a fan since The Office, which is one of my favorite shows of all time! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Lillian!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I wasn't in any rush to pick up The Martian until I saw the movie trailer. I read it a few weeks ago and absolutely enjoyed it! Hope you have a good time reading it too. Great list! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailer (and okay, Matt Damon) caught my attention too! Can't wait to read the book :)
      Thanks for stopping by Lianne!

      Delete
  6. Like you, I mean to read The Martian. Good luck finding time to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed! I just need to find the balance between uni work, reading and other stuff :D I think I'm going to the right direction at the moment.
      I hope you enjoy The Martian - everyone seems to have good things to say about that book.

      Delete
  7. I definitely plan to read The Martian before I see the movie. I'm tempted to get the audiobook of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet The Martian is flying off the bookshelves now that the film is so close by! :D
      Thanks for stopping by Amber :)

      Delete
  8. Last First Kiss was adorable! Such a sweet, angst-free romance. I hope you love it. And Vengeance Road was just plain awesome - the MC is so kickass.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds promising. I am not a big romance reader (I do love romance, but I usually don't pick books from the "romance" genre) but I am excited for that one!
      Thanks for stopping by Danielle :)

      Delete
  9. I've heard a lot of good things about The Martian! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to like that book, so I am really looking forward to it!
      Thanks for stopping by Carrie!

      Delete
  10. I think I prefer old boring tea. The Martian is on my list too. I also want to read The Boy Most Likely to, Emmy and Oliver and The Summer of Chasing Mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am both a tea and coffee lover - kind of depends on the time of day what I feel like drinking :D
      I really need to get to THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO as well! I read Emmy & Oliver as an ARC and unfortunately did not like it. THE SUMMER OF CHASING MERMAIDS is amazing though! So good!

      Delete