Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#44) - Ten Finished Series I have YET to Finish

For more information on Top Ten Tuesday click here


YA fiction and series seem to go hand in hand. There are SO MANY series out there and I've noticed that I have a tendency to start with a lot of series that I then fail to finish. New books come along, I forget what happened in the previous books... there are a lot of reasons why I have not finished with series I've started. 

Here's my list of ten finished series that I have started and actually plan on finishing! 


1. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bargudo - I've read the first book on this trilogy and though my mind wasn't completely blown by it, I loved Bardugo's style of writing and world building, so I am definitely picking up the two other books a some point. In trilogies I always tend to like the second book the best, so my expectations are pretty high.

2. Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth - I've been postponing reading Allegiant for such a long time because everything I've heard about it has been pretty negative. I haven't been spoiled, but I kind of know what to expect. Though I am prepared for disappointment, I feel like I should finish this series because I liked the first two books so much. What do you think? Should I keep loving the first two books or possibly ruin the whole series by reading the final book?

3. Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver - I read the first book in this series quickly after its publication when the two other books were not available yet. Once the other two books were published, I had kind of forgotten the first book and never got around rereading it or the two other books. I really remember liking the first book, so at some point I want to reread it and then continue with the follow-ups.

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I read the first two books in this series when I was still very much in mood for vampire studies. Then I started to read other stuff and distanced myself from vampires. I really LOVED the first two books and I am just waiting for the moment I get excited about vampires again so I can reread the first two books and keep going with this series.

5. Legend trilogy by Marie Lu - I read the first book in this trilogy last year just before the start of my uni semester. I absolutely LOVED it, but never got around to continuing with the series because I suddenly got busy with dissertation and other uni tasks. I am so looking forward to continuing with this series because the first book was phenomenal!


6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor - The first book in this series was the type of book I usually don't like, but for some reason, it intrigued me and made me want to continue with this series. I have the second book on my shelf ready to be read and I'm just waiting for the moment I am looking for something paranormal and romantic.

7. To All the Boys I've Loved Before duology by Jenny Han - I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVEN'T READ THE SECOND BOOK ALREADY. SILLY, SILLY ME!

8. Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin - I was so intrigued by the first two books and so excited about the release of the third one and then I came across some negative reviews and kind of put the last book on the back burner. Also, I feel like I would have to read the first two books again before going to the third one because there's just so much going on in these books. SHOULD I READ THE LAST BOOK?

9. Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi - I have the full trilogy beautifully in my bookshelf and I just need to pick up the third book to finish with it. I was a huge fan of the first two books and I have high hopes for the final book! I might need a reread of books 1 and 2 though...

10. Summer trilogy by Jenny Han - I read the first book of this trilogy in December 2009 from a library copy and was disappointed to notice the library did not have the follow-up books. After reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before I was reminded of Jenny Han's awesomeness and since then I've been meaning to re-read the first book in this trilogy and then continue with books 2 and 3. 

This list proved to me that there are A LOT of books I need to put on my reread list... oh my. Would it be possible to take a break from everything else for a year and just read? Pretty please. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I loved the Delirium series and you should totally get to the other two books! And I agree with you on #7 - Why haven't I picked up the second book yet!!!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my hesitation with picking up Jenny Han's book is the fact that once I read it, it will be finished. :/
      Thanks for stopping by Grace!

      Delete
  2. If you are waiting for the love of vampires to come back you may be waiting awhile. I loved vampires but then there were just so many for awhile they got a bit ruined for me. VA is totally worth the read though! I hope you enjoy it :)

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-finished-series-to-finish/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend so long in that Twilight induced haze of vampires that I've been tired with vampire fiction for years now. I definitely do want to check out VA at some point again.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you -- I start all kinds of series and never finish them. I only have one book left in the Legend series, so I'll definitely complete that one. I don't know if I'll bother with Divergent, though. You should finish Under the Never Sky -- I love that series. It's one of my all-time favorites.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess eventually I will get around to reading Divergent lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have quite a few similar ones! I think you should definitely read The Retribution of Mara Dyer --- I personally thought it was a brilliant ending to everything Michelle Hodkin led the first two books up to. I definitely have to finish the VA series as well. Great post :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    Your GFC follower, Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I'm not the only person with this neurosis! I almost fear starting anything new because I know I won't finish it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete