Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#37) - How To Be Brave by E. Katherine Kottaras (November 3, 2015 by St. Martin's Press)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
For more information, click here



An emotional contemporary YA novel about love, loss, and having the courage to chase the life you truly want.

Reeling from her mother's death, Georgia has a choice: become lost in her own pain, or enjoy life right now, while she still can. She decides to start really living for the first time and makes a list of fifteen ways to be brave - all the things she's wanted to do but never had the courage to try. As she begins doing the things she's always been afraid to do - including pursuing her secret crush, she discovers that life doesn't always go according to plan. Sometimes friendships fall apart and love breaks your heart. But once in a while, the right person shows up just when you need them most - and you learn that you're stronger and braver than you ever imagined.

"having the courage to chase the life you truly want"


"a list of fifteen ways to be brave"


"life doesn't always go according to plan"


"once in a while, the right person shows up just when you need them most"


"you're stronger and braver than you ever imagined"



What are you waiting for this week?

12 comments:

  1. I think this book looks good and can't wait. But more importantly thank you for the Kimmy Schmidt love - forgot how great that show is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy Schmidt is a piece of art!
      Thanks for stopping by Grace!

      Delete
  2. This book sounds good and LOL loving all the Kimmy Schmidt gifs on this page- thanks for reminding me how great the book sounds and how great this show is(now I just wish they had s2 already!)

    Here's my WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-year-we-fell-apart.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have just started filming season 2 and I AM SO EXCITED! I need more Kimmy and Titus in my life.
      Thanks for stopping by Rachel!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, what is this show you guys are referring to from the gifs? I am not familiar with it :) I do like the idea, doing things one never dared before, I am all grown up and should probably try to live by that rule a bit more. Most definitely adding 'How to be brave' on Goodreads, thanks for sharing this find with us, Milka. Feel free to drop by and check out my WoW if you like to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gifs are from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, a wonderful Netflix original! SO SO SO FUNNY!
      Thanks for stopping by Mari! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of contemporary, but this one certainly sounds good! I love the cover too. I hope you enjoy reading it! :D
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel - really looking forward to this one!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Haven't heard of this one, and I'm not a big contemporary reader, but I do love the cover. Hope you get it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I got a review copy and I can't wait to read it :)

      Delete
  6. This one sounds so good! I love the Kimmy Schmidt gifs you used. It's one of my favorite shows. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy Schmidt RULES! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Krystianna!

      Delete