Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#41) - Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors

For more information on Top Ten Tuesday, click here


This week, I will share a list of ten auto-buy authors for me. This means that anything they come up with, I'm ready to purchase it!


1. Sarah Dessen - This woman really knows how to capture my heart! Sarah Dessen is one of the first YA contemporary authors I read. I still remember finding The Truth About Forever from a bookstore during my exchange year in United States and absolutely falling in love with the story, characters and Dessen's style of writing.

2. Cora Carmack - Cora Carmack caught my attention when I first heard about the Rusk University series and after reading those books, I am sure that I'll love anything this gorgeous woman writes. For someone who loves sports (though hockey is my fix instead of football), reading about hot athletes is like a gift from heaven. Cora's female characters are also funny and strong and independent and ready to defend themselves and each other!

3. Mindy Kaling - Mindy Kaling's upcoming book is one of my most expected books for 2015 because I absolutely loved her first book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? which includes funny essays and lists and recollections of Mindy's career. I first became interested about Mindy Kaling after loving her character Kelly in The Office and eventually ended up watching The Mindy Project, which is continuing on HULU next month! BE EXCITED, BE BE EXCITED!

4. Morgan Matson - Every single novel I've read by Morgan Matson has made me laugh and cry (both from happiness and heartbreak). I love the way she writes family relationships and slow-burning, realistic romances.

5. Julie Murphy - After reading Dumplin', I am sure whatever this woman comes up with I will love! I am so happy to have been able to read about a character like Willowdean! If Dumplin' is not on your TBRs yet, ADD IT THERE NOW!


6. Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor and Park convinced me that Rainbow's stories are gold, and after reading everything she has published so far, I am even more convinced about that. It is so hard to say which one is my favorite from her books, but if I were forced to do so, I would go with Fangirl, just because I feel like I am able to connect with Cath in so many different ways.

7. Emery Lord - EMERY IS HILARIOUS! She also writes realistic and loving female friendships and the love interests in her books are swoon worthy - one is a musician and one can discuss Jane Austen and wears a Firefly t-shirt. What more do you need?

8. Amy Poehler - My queen, my female hero! This woman means so incredibly much to me. Anything she is linked to, I will devour.

9. J.K. Rowling - I was not sure whether to include J.K. Rowling in this list because I do have to sadly admit that I have not bought or read the books she was published after Harry Potters. But I do want to purchase and read them one day, and since this woman is such a huge part of my personal reading history, I simply couldn't do this list without adding her.

10. Taheref Mafi - The way Taheref Mafi writes takes my breath away! Even thinking about the Shatter Me trilogy makes me kind of spellbound about the way Tahereh is able to put words together in a way that is poetic and lyrical and just so damn beautiful! Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!


10 comments:

  1. We have J.K. Rowling in common! I have heard mixed reviews on Taheref Mafi's writing style so I'm not sure about reading her 'Shatter Me' series. I've only ever read 'This Lullaby' by Sarah Dessen when I was younger and remember liking it a lot!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    Also, please take the time to enter my giveaway!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mafi's writing style definitely isn't for everyone, but I absolutely loved Shatter Me series. You should give it a go if you are at all interested :)

      Thanks for stopping by Katrina!

      Delete
  2. I love a bit of Cora too. I read Losing It and I have been a fan since. Have you read Saint Anything by Dessen yet? I read it the other day and it was pretty good. Great list :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-Iq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora's Rusk University series is AMAZING!
      I read Saint Anything earlier this year and really liked it!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Rainbow's E&P, but her others...not as much.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! I've loved everything by her and I am really looking forward to her upcoming book!
      Thanks for stopping by Deb!

      Delete
  4. Rainbow is the best! I devour everything she writes and I always end up loving them!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME HERE! And I am pretty sure the same will happen with her upcoming book!
      Thanks for stopping by Maria :)

      Delete
  5. Rainbow made my list too!! I also LOVE Mindy Kaling and can't wait for her new book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy Kaling is AMAZING! So so so funny and gorgeous and honestly a really good writer :)
      Thanks for stopping by Grace!

      Delete