Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#29) - Never Never by Brianna Shrum


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
For more information, click here



James Hook is a child who only wants to grow up.

When he meets Peter Pan, a boy who loves to pretend and is intent on never becoming a man, James decides he could try being a child—at least briefly. James joins Peter Pan on a holiday to Neverland, a place of adventure created by children’s dreams, but Neverland is not for the faint of heart. Soon James finds himself longing for home, determined that he is destined to be a man. But Peter refuses to take him back, leaving James trapped in a world just beyond the one he loves. A world where children are to never grow up.

But grow up he does. 

And thus begins the epic adventure of a Lost Boy and a Pirate.

This story isn’t about Peter Pan; it’s about the boy whose life he stole. It’s about a man in a world that hates men. It’s about the feared Captain James Hook and his passionate quest to kill the Pan, an impossible feat in a magical land where everyone loves Peter Pan.

Except one.

"HOLIDAY TO NEVERLAND"



"WORLD JUST BEYOND THE ONE HE LOVES"



"EPIC ADVENTURE OF A LOST BOY AND A PIRATE"



"THE BOY WHOSE LIFE HE STOLE"



"WORLD THAT HATES MEN"



What are you waiting for this week?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before now but it sounds great! adding it to my tbr pile.

    Thank you for sharing :-) Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - glad to hear that it's a title you would be interested to read as well :)
      Thanks for stopping by Sharon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, I already kind of hate him because of OUAT, so this just fuels by fire.
      Thanks for stopping by Christine!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm really curious about this book as well. I love a good retelling! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope you pick it up when it comes out :)
      Thanks for stopping by Christy!

      Delete
  4. I am excited to read this one too. I am really into the retelling craze that is happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'd heard about this book briefly but hadn't actually read a synopsis until now...and now I'm excited. I'm not super into Peter Pan, but I love the idea of giving Hook's backstory. Thanks so much for sharing, adding to my TBR!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Pan definitely isn't my favorite story either, but I am really looking forward to checking this one out :)
      Thanks for stopping by Tiff!

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure how much I would enjoy this but the concept seems really interesting.

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does - I am not the biggest fan of Peter Pan, but I definitely want to check this one out :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This one definitely sounds really good! I can't wait for it to come out.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Since Hook came to OUAT I've been interested about his side of the story, so I really am dying to read this one.

      Thanks for stopping by Krystianna :)

      Delete