Monday, June 1, 2015

Monthly Wrap Up - May


TIME GOES BY SO INSANELY FAST!
May is over and June is here with hopefully warmer weathers and more awesome books.

BOOKS READ IN MAY


More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (ARC, Review to come on WinterHaven Books)
Rating: 5.5
Rating: 2/5
Rating: 5/5 
Rating: 4/5
Rating: 1/5


Rating: 3/5
Rating: 4/5
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (ARC, Review to come on WinterHaven Books)
Rating: 4/5
Rating: 4/5
Rating: 5/5


Rating: 2/5
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone (ARC, Review to come on WinterHaven Books)
Rating: 5/5
Sweet by Emmy Laybourne (ARC, Review to come on WinterHaven Books)
Rating: 1/5
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider(ARC, Review to come on WinterHaven Books)
Rating: 4/5

BOOKS ACQUIRED IN MAY:


The Heir by Kiera Cass
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West
Confess by Colleen Hoover


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt


Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
One by Sarah Crossan

WHAT I WATCHED IN MAY - notable mentions:


RECTIFY - Though I have been mostly just rewatching stuff this month, I did start one new show for me from Netflix called RECTIFY (Daisy Chain Books - thanks for the recommendation!). The show centers around the life of Daniel, a man who is released from Death Row after 19 years of imprisonment due to DNA evidence. He goes back to his small hometown and reunites with his family and has to learn to live with the skeptical people of the town who think he is guilty.

I love how slow and intense this show is! The acting is fantastic and the way the narrative is put together really sucks you in.

GREY'S ANATOMY - So yeah, I've been rewatching Grey's for like the 10th time. For some reason I've been feeling like watching stuff that I already know to be good rather than starting new shows. And for as long as that feeling lasts, Grey's Anatomy is one of my first picks for rewatching because I JUST LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH!

PARKS AND RECREATION - If I were asked to introduce one show as the love of my life, I would have to mention two, The Office, and arguably the happiest show on earth, Parks and Recreation. The cast, the unity between them and the humor - this show has everything I want from a sitcom, everything I want from a good TV show. I am getting kind of teary-eyed just thinking about it. BEST. SHOW. EVER.

JUNE TITLES I AM EXCITED ABOUT:


Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries #11) by Meg Cabot
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen
Like It Never Happened by Emily Adrian

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you are enjoying Rectify! I had a feeling you might like it! :) I can't wait for the new season to start in July. I must pick up a copy of I'll Meet You There. Everybody I know loves that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just what I needed right now, though I have been trying not to watch all episodes at once because I don't want too long of a wait for the third season. :D

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoy I'll Meet You There! Many people seems to like it (and I have a feeling that I will too). Also, I'm excited with The Royal Wedding too! Meg Cabot is like the only author whose books I read since childhood until now :)

    Tiffany @ The Bookish Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just reading Royal Wedding and it is amazing! If you have enjoyed The Princess Diaries series, Royal Wedding is pretty much a MUST READ :D

      Delete