Friday, May 29, 2015

You Had Me At Friday (#1): 10 Reasons to Rewatch Your Favorite TV Shows


Happy Friday and welcome to You Had Me At Friday!

You Had Me At Friday is a platform for me to share with you my random ramblings in one place, once a week. I might recommend books or movies, share with you a list of my favorite Nick Offerman pictures, gush about my fictional boyfriends or rant about something that I've seen on the Internet.

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, make sure you have an amazing Friday!



In my first You Had Me At Friday post I want to write about TV shows and reasons for rewatching your favorites.

I am on a summer holiday at the moment and though I have catching up to do with shows that I have been trying to follow week by week, I am finding myself rewatching shows that I have seen multiple times before.

So, you might ask why I want to watch something that I've already seen, something that won't come as a surprise to me, rather than something new. This post is my attempt to answer that question.

1. You get to spend time with characters you love/characters that intrigue you/characters that annoy you in a way that you want to hate them but you just can't stop watching



2. Sometimes knowing what will happen can be comforting...



3. ...but often, even when you have gone through the FEELS before, you have to go through them again



4. You always tend to notice something new, even if you have seen the show million times...




5. ...and if you are a nerd like me, those little discoveries make you overly excited. 



6. Sometimes, while watching a show you haven't seen for years, you might notice that you suddenly understand the characters much better (this happened to me with Friends and watching it as a pre-teen vs. watching it after I moved away from home)



7. Suddenly, you might find yourself in love with a completely different character



8. SHIPPING! OTPs! Though you know what is going to happen, the wait for it still feels excruciating. 



9. You can potentially bore your friends again with your rants about this amazing show you are watching and hope that maybe this time around they will take your advice and start watching the show in question. 



10. Rewatching a show you LOVE can feel like coming home. Reliving the moments that made you happy or sad, laugh or cry, can make you nostalgic. Sometimes, only the sound of the theme song for one of your favorite shows can do a lot.



Do you rewatch or are shows usually a one-time thing for you?
If you do rewatch, what shows are on your rewatch list?


2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous series and I look forward to seeing more of it! Totally agree with all of this, especially #1 and #7. Sometimes you just miss startlingly good characters in your first watching. I probably ought to rewatch Star Wars: The Clone Wars before moving on to Star Wars: Rebels, in celebration of Star Wars 7. Funnily enough, I've never watched a single show on your list :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa!
      Oh wow, that's crazy - I thought I listed so many that everyone would have seen at least some of them. Oh well, that's a list of good shows if you are looking for something new to watch :D

      Delete