Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#26) - Violent Ends edited by Shaun Hutchinson (September 1, 2015 by Simon Pulse)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
For more information, click here



It took only twenty-two minutes for Kirby Matheson to exit his car, march onto school grounds, enter the gymnasium, and open fire, killing six and injuring five others. 

But this isn't a story about the shooting itself. This isn't about recounting that one unforgettable day.

This is about Kirby and how one boy—who had friends, enjoyed reading, played saxophone in the band, and had never been in trouble before—became a monster capable of entering his school with a loaded gun and firing on his classmates.

Each chapter is told from a different victim's viewpoint, giving insight into who Kirby was and who he'd become. Some are sweet, some are dark; some are seemingly unrelated, about fights or first kisses or late-night parties. 

This is a book of perspectives—with one character and one event drawing them all together—from the minds of some of YA's most recognizable names.

Full list of contributors:

Kendare Blake - Steve Brezenoff - Delilah S. Dawson - 

Trish Doller - Margie Gelbwasser - E.M. Kokie

Cynthia Leitich Smith - Tom Leveen - Hannah Moscowitz

Elisa Nader - Beth Revis - Mindi Scott - Brandon Shusterman

Courtney Summers - Blythe Woolston - Christine Johnson


"School grounds...open fire"


"how one boy...became a monster"


"each chapter is told from a different victim's viewpoint"


"book of perspectives...one character and one event drawing them all together"



What are you waiting for this week?

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh, adding this to my tbr!!! Although, not a huge fan of the cover... o.O

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover could be better, though I do get why they have chosen it - the connection to some of the photos taken from example from Columbine is quite clear.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Hah, love the gifs! Esp. the New Girl one.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Rosie! :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've sat here for a moment think of what to say... it could be an extremely interesting read. What did go on in the life of a person who would do this. Yes, I would pick this up to find out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds like a very interesting premise - hopefully it actually ends up being as good as it sounds :)
      Thanks for stopping by Marsha!

      Delete
  4. I think the premise of this book is extremely interesting. We'll see if it's done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing how it works out too :)
      Thanks for stopping by Kay!

      Delete
  5. This synopsis--I LOVE IT. And come on, it's written by Kendare Blake (my favorite horror/suspense writer), Trish Doller (also a fantastic mystery writer), Beth Revis and Courtney Summers! <3 Fabulous pick, Milka!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee - I am super excited to read this one, especially Courtney Summers's part because I have loved everything I've read by her!

      Delete
  6. This is going on my reading list. I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Stina!

      Delete
  7. Totally just added this to my TBR list, this one sounds great!
    I chose Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer.
    Check out My WoW!

    Joana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY - glad to hear that it caught your interest! :)
      Off the Page sounds fabulous too!
      Thanks for stopping by Joana!

      Delete
  8. This is an anthology? I'm not too big on anthologies, though there are a few I've enjoyed. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read that many anthologies, but I am definitely willing to give this a try :)
      Thanks for stopping by Alyssa!

      Delete