Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#25) - Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines (August 25, 2015 by Simon Pulse)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
For more information, click here



To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…

"the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-

good football god"

DOESN'T THAT DESCRIPTION JUST MAKE YOU THINK OF TIM RIGGINS? AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?! :D

"he's battling the grief that comes with watching his 

father slowly die of cancer"



"her father murdered her mother"



"he opens up to the one girl who he knows won't tell 

anyone else"



"connection so strong that he couldn't ever let her go..."


7 comments:

  1. AHH I LOVE HOW YOU DO YOUR WOW POSTS. Gifs make everything more awesome. But omg, it sounds so shippable! I'm not usually into sporty books, but this one does sound delicious. ^-^
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! :) And I do agree + looking for the gifs is so much fun! :D
      Though I don't really know anything about football, except what I learned from Friday Night Lights, I found myself pretty much always enjoying football books (that seems to be the sport most featured in sporty books).

      I am pretty sure that a perfect hockey YA/NA romance has not been written yet - I have millions of ideas so maybe I should just write it myself :D

      Delete
  2. ABBI GLINES I loved her books ceaseless. great choice
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read anything by her yet, but maybe I can start with this one :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Dang! I'd not heard of this one before this post! Football and Abbi Glines makes for a great combination, I imagine. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa :) My hopes are high for this one!

      Delete
  4. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with Shortest and receive money from every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete