Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#29): FREEBIE - CASTING CALL aka "IT'S RAINING MEN"

For more information on Top Ten Tuesday, click here


It's FREEBIE week, which means that I can do my top ten Tuesday post about anything I want.

Since I love films and hot guys, I am going to spend my freebie making a list of books I would like to see turned into films in addition to mentioning a guy I would like to see playing the love interest (so yeah, these are mostly contemporary books).

Also, yes, my castings are all past their teenage years, but hey, let a girl dream. IT'S ALL A FANTASY!  

BE READY TO SWOON!




1. Zac Efron played a soldier in The Lucky One (I AM STILL NOT QUITE OVER IT) & he did it so well that WHY NOT CAST HIM AS A SOLDIER AGAIN? 

2. Dumplin' will be published in September and seriously, if you don't have it on your TBR already, ADD IT THERE! NOW!! Dumplin' takes place in Texas, so why not cast a guy who has already once delighted us as a Texas jock (Gilford played Matt Saracen in Friday Night Lights). Bo is such a sweetheart and seriously, LOOK AT ZACH'S FACE! He looks like a beautiful puppy you just want to pet. 


3. LOOK AT THE FACE OF THIS GUY! SERIOUSLY! I kept watching Pretty Little Liars after it got completely ridiculous just to see the face of this guy. I love Levi from Fangirl and I could definitely see Ian driving a truck and spending time with Cath (played, of course, by EMMA STONE).


4. I get that this pick might be a bit too obvious, but hell, I don't care. The moment I first read about Silas I thought about the wonderful Tim Riggins, and since Taylor Kitsch played the sensitive "playboy" footballer already once with EXCELLENCE, why change that? ONLY A FOOL WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

*DROOL BREAK*



5. I think Sterling Knight is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL (I mean look at those eyes) and I think he would make an EXCELLENT Max. I would pay a lot of money to see Mr. Knight in a Firefly t-shirt. 

6. I don't think I've ever come across a woman who does not like Adam Brody... SETH COHEN, RIGHT? *swoon* I think Adam would be able to pull out the late 1999s-early 2000s style well and I think he could embody the sweetness, shyness and intelligence of Lincoln. 

(OKAY, I TOTALLY NEED TO QUOTE MY OWN REVIEW FROM LAST YEAR HERE: "He is described as “handsome”, “cute” and “big” (not as in fat, more like in buff) and for some reason I just get this image of like a buff Adam Brody in my head.". 


7. Nick would maybe have to be a little less buff for his role as Matt Finch, but otherwise he would a perfect pick - he knows how to sing in addition to which he is a pretty decent actor. I can already imagine Nick singing Matt's songs in his angelic voice.


8. Shakespeare reading hot guy with a British accent... NEED I SAY MORE? That is pretty much the description of Tom Hiddleston. Also, he is described as having blond hair and a bit of a scruff... CORA IS WRITING ABOUT TOM, RIGHT? 

9. Sam Claflin could pull out the cocky, handsome Captain Thorne, but also the sweet, protective Captain Thorne. Just look at that smile. It melts by heart.

This last one is one of those ultimate fantasy, never going to happen, type of castings!


10. YEAH, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! But a girl can dream. Josh Walker it hot, a hockey star and a boy-next-door. He is so sweet and protective, and that is exactly how I want to imagine Sidney Crosby being. I imagined Josh looking and sounding like Sidney while I read this book and that's why I wanted to include it here.


All I can say at this point is


(but really, do you agree with any of my castings?)

22 comments:

  1. So much YES. Plus swooning. And drooling. Love your topic and love your choices!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosy! This post was so much fun to do - looking at all these hot guys and picking the perfect photos did not hurt at all :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love your list- and your casting for Fangirl is SPOT ON. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I would watch an adaption of Fangirl with anyone on it, but I definitely would not mind seeing Ian as Levi ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had thought of this topic. I haven't read any of the books you have mentioned (probably because I don't read a lot of romance), but I would agree with all your casting choices except Zac Efron, Zac Efron doesn't go with anything in my book (aka head).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess Zac Efron isn't for everyone :D I have had a hopeless crush on his since HSM days, so in my book, he always has room for fantasy castings ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Yes yes yes to Adam Brody as Lincoln! That's perfect. And if that's what Captain Thorne looks like I need to move Cinder up to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR ADAM BRODY! :D
      Well, it is just my interpretation, but it definitely makes reading the books even more fun if you think of Sam while reading about Thorne ;)
      Thanks for stopping by Katherine!

      Delete
  5. GOD I hope the Lunar Chronicles gets a film! Or maybe several films. I love that series so much...! :)
    Great choices. I especially approve of the FNL nostalgia :) We need to see more of those actors. Also, yay for TK showing up in True Detective soon!
    Thanks for the visit!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Though I am a bit tired of the whole YA books turned into films thing, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing The Lunar Chronicles on screen if the cast and the director were suitable.
      FNL forever - I freaking love that show! I am so excited to see TK on True Detective - hopefully it will live up to the first season.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Oohhhh I APPROVE of your Levi casting! *applause*

    Yesss I could definitely see Sam Claflin as Thorne. I doubted him as Finnick, but after Catching Fire and Mockingly I have more trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Kayla! :)
      I doubted Sam Claflin too, but I think he has been doing a pretty good job with The Hunger Games franchise :)

      Delete
  7. This was such a great idea for a topic! HOT GUYS, YES.
    Okay, so that Levi selection is perfect - I can totally picture it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! :)
      Ian might be older than Levi, but I think he could pull it off! :D

      Delete
  8. Such a fun list! You really got my attention by featuring two guys from FNL :) Very nice casting job- I'd be happy to see these guys bring these books to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) FNL guys for the win!

      Delete
  9. damn! *swoons HAHAHA love your topic so so much <3 sam claflin omg! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Sam Claflin is such a babe!

      Delete
  10. YES to Sam Claflin as Thorne :D I pictured him the whole time I was reading Scarlet and Cress. He would be perfect <3 I love all your selections though I have to admit Cress is the only one I've read. Also I love your gifs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY - me too! Sam Claflin would make a perfect Thorne! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Lillian!

      Delete
  11. OMGGG SAM CALFLIN AS THORNE?!!! Yes. Yes and yes. I would never have put that together until you said it, but it's so perfect. hehe. I have to do my best not to envision Thorne as Captain Jack Sparrow because they share so many personality similarities. Like insisting on being "captain" when they don't ahve a ship. ehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT? He would make the perfect Thorne.
      I'm not really a fan of Jack Sparrow, just because I cannot stand the movies, but I do know get the similarities you pointed out to :D

      Delete