Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#27): Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read


This week, I will feature ten books from my shelves that I will probably never end up reading


Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown

Though this one has pretty amazing ratings on Goodreads, I just don't see myself reading this one (at least not in the near future). I bought it years ago after Demi Lovato mentioned it as one of her favorite books but never got around to reading it at the time.


Daughters of Fortune by Tara Hyland

I got this one in a Dewey's Readathon giveaway packed years ago and I just never have found any interest to read it.


Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
 I liked Hush Hush but I feel like I've overgrown this series. And getting into this one would mean that I would have to read Hush Hush again and I am pretty sure I would not like it as much a second time around.
 

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome

I am not sure when I bought this and from where, which should be an indication of the fact that I will probably never pick this one up.


Torment by Lauren Kate
 The only reason I bought this one in the first place is the fact that it cost me 0.25€ (that is $0.28) as a brand new hardback copy. I read Fallen right after it was published and reading it was such a TORMENT that I definitely won't continue with the series! I just couldn't resist a bargain...  


The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
Another book I bought just because it was so cheap... I have tried these out but they just don't work for me. 


The Captain's Daughter by Leah Fleming

I got this for free and the only reason I even saved it was the Titanic connection. Just not my type of book at all.


Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
I got this Finnish translation from the library last week and read almost half of it before giving up. It just wasn't at all what I expected it to be and I found it increasingly difficult to be interested about the characters and their children etc. So yeah, not finishing with this one. I might watch the film, but that's it.


Highland Fling by Katie Fforde

I got this one for free and saved it only because it takes place in Scotland. Does not seem like my type of read at all.


Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

I really need to stop hoarding free books and understand that this type of chicklit reads just aren't for me....

 Have you read any of these? 
Do you think I should consider some of these again?

12 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you on Fallen!! I...eh, just no. I mean, sometimes I wonder if I should try it because of the movie? BUT NO. I hated Teardrop too much and I can't see I'm going to magically fall in love with her writing. -_- I kind of liked Hush Hush?! But I don't want to read the sequels. >_<
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My expectations for the movie are non-existent. I kind of hope that it is really bad so I can roll my eyes throughout the whole film.
      I liked Hush Hush too (I had rated it 5 stars when I read it) but I just don't see myself reading the sequels.

      Delete
  2. I love that you looked through your physical shelves! I didn't love Holmes when I tried him in college but thought I'd give him another try soon. It's very possible that my book will end up on the Not Happening pile as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was organizing my books and realized I have quite a few books in my shelves that I'll probably never pick up, so I thought I might as well take some photos for this post. :)
      Thanks for stopping by and good luck with Holmes!

      Delete
  3. I haven't even heard of many of the books you've listed this week in your post!! Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the books on your list but I have heard mix things about the Hush, Hush series. It's not something I'll probably read either.

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Hush, Hush book was alright, but I don't see myself continuing with the series.
      Thanks for stopping by Tina! :)

      Delete
  5. Fallen and Hush, Hush are two series that aren't for me either. These others I don't think I've heard of!
    I love that these are from your physical shelves. Giveaway perhaps? Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably end up donating a lot of these to my local library - their collection of books in English definitely needs help and these books could contribute something to it.
      Thanks for stopping by Danielle :)

      Delete
  6. I’ve found that the Sherlock Holmes short stories are better than the novels, if that makes a difference for you :) But other than that, I haven’t heard of any of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to check out those short stories then at some point :)
      Thanks for stopping by Kayla!

      Delete