Saturday, May 9, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (#26)

"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"

For more information, click here.


The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West 

When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend— two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party — three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.

A Court of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A thrilling, seductive new series from New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas, blending Beauty and the Beast with faerie lore.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!

The Heir by Kiera Cass

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.


This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, This Song Will Save Your Life is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.


What did you add to your shelves this week?

27 comments:

  1. I got ACoTaR, The Heir and The Fill In Boyfriend this week too and I can't wait to read them! I loved This Song Will Save Your Life! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACoTaR, The Heir and The Fill-In Boyfriend seemed to make a lot of appearances on STS posts this week :) I am reading The Fill-In Boyfriend at the moment and enjoying it so far.
      I have heard so many good things about This Song Will Save Your Life so I am really looking forward to reading it.

      Thanks for stopping by Christy! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh what a lovely haul of books! I've only read ACoTaR but I really want to read Kasie West's new book. My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look very lovely! Can't wait to read all of them!
      Thanks for stopping by Chrissi! :)

      Delete
  3. The Heir sounds interesting. Just Hope america's daughter wouldn't get the bad traits america has.
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hopefully there's some differences so its not just the same as Selection, just with a main character with a different name.

      Thanks for stopping by Christine :)

      Delete
  4. Everyone raves about This Song Will Save Your Live. I got my finished copy of A Court of Thorns and Roses as well this week too. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many good things about it as well that I am really looking forward to reading it :)
      Thanks for stopping by Grace!

      Delete
  5. I really don't read the whole "love story" type of books but Court of Thorns and Roses sounds like it might just be interesting . Nice Haul. My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one probably has the romance only as a side plot :)
      Thanks for stopping by Jason!

      Delete
  6. Great haul this week! This Song Will Save Your Life is one that I've wanted to check out for a while. I got Sarah J. Maas's new book this week too, and I can't wait to start reading it. Happy reading! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps hyping This Song Will Save Your Life so my expectations for it are super high.
      I haven't read anything by Sarah J. Maas before (I know - THE HORROR) but I am really looking forward to reading ACoTar at some point.

      Thanks for stopping by Krystianna :)

      Delete
  7. I got The Heir as well :D I am so excited to start it, but first I need to finish The One haha!!

    A Court of Thorn Roses looks good!! I love Sarah J Maas other books . The Fill-In Boyfriend also is one of the books I am dying to read in May.

    Great haul, happy reading XD

    Maura @ monsterofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure when I am going to read The Heir - I read the original trilogy last year so I might have to go back and reread some parts before moving on to The Heir.

      Thanks for stopping by Maura :)

      Delete
  8. What a great haul!! ACOTAR is amazing and The Fill-In Boyfriend is pretty good. I haven't read either of the other books, but they both look great. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to check out ACOTAR soon since everyone keeps hyping that (and Sarah J. Maas in general). Thanks for stopping by Kaitlin!

      Delete
  9. Awesome haul this week. Can't wait to see what you think of Fill in boyfriend!

    I hope you enjoy! Happy Reading :)

    Heres my Weekly wrap up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading it at the moment and liking it alright so far. Review to come once I finish :)
      Thanks for stopping by Michelle!

      Delete
  10. This Song Will Save Your Life looks tempting...enjoy your books!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Everyone keeps saying that it's amazing so I am really looking forward to reading it :)
      Thanks for stopping by Jon!

      Delete
  12. Technically, I got The Heir, but it's a grad present for my sister so I can't read it until late June when she's done with it! But I suppose I should start reading the first three in the series ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you definitely should check out there first three in the series before that :)
      Thanks for stopping by Kayla!

      Delete
  13. Need to get my copy of The Heir! Then I need to catch up on the series lol. Also looking forward to Court of Thorns! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the first two books on Paperback, but I definitely need to buy the third book to complete my collection :)
      Thanks for stopping by Becky!

      Delete
  14. The Fill in Boyfriend sounds cute. oh, THE HEIR!!! I so hope to go get a copy either tomorrow or Thursday! I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete