Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books (Day 1) - Bookish Survey Challenge


IT'S TIME FOR A CHALLENGE!


 This challenge is hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale. 
In order to participate, please me sure that you have signed-up to the Bout of Book Read-a-Thon using the official sign-up post!


The Questions for the Bookish Survey

1. How do you organize your shelves?
2. What is one of your favorite books that is not in one of your favorite genres?
3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
5. What book do you recommend the most?


 1. Organization of Shelves
 At the moment, I don't actually have a proper book shelf....

Yeah, I know... I have spent the last four years living in Edinburgh for university and when I left for school, my mom packed all my books into boxes and put them to the storage. Right now I have a small collection of books in my room and the rest are taken from the storage and organized to one of my closests. Once I get my own place, I will organize by books alphabetically according to the last name of the author.

 
2. Favorite Book That's Not YA
 Definitely In Cold Blood by Truman Capote which is probably my favorite book of ALL TIME. 

    
3. Last 5 Star Book I Read
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (SO GOOD!)

  
4. The Book I am Most Excited About During the Read-a-Thon
I haven't really made a proper TBR for the week, but I might finally read Hate List by Jennifer Brown which I have wanted to read for YEARS.

  
5. Book Recommendation
I'm just gonna go and recommend In Cold Blood by Truman Capote because that book is amazing! If you have enjoyed Serial, The Staircase or HBO's Jinx, you should definitely check it out. 

Please leave a link to your answers so I can come over and leave you a comment! 

Happy Bout of Books!  

8 comments:

  1. Hmm... Your book organization reminds me of my book organization. Except I've lived here 15 years and still haven't gotten around to moving books out of storage. Yikes! Speaking of which, Truman Capote is giving me a harsh stare from the middle of an unorganized pile. I've been meaning to read In Cold Blood for a while now. Soon, soon...

    Have a great Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Truman's stare gets so harsh that it forces you to pick up In Cold Blood because seriously, that book is AMAZING! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid that my books are going to end up in boxes when I leave for Uni again. I really want to one day get my own place and have huge bookcases to properly showcase all my loves (books)
    Good luck with the read-a-thon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the dream - a huge room filled with bookshelves. And preferably of those tall ladders like in Beauty and the Beast! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by Veronica!

      Delete
  3. I love all your gifs to go with your answers. They sure made the post fun. I haven't read In Cold Blood, but I've always wanted to read something by Truman Capote, so I guess I'll have to look into that one. :)

    http://jennielyse.com/bout-of-books-bookish-survey/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Jenni! Looking for the gifs is always a lot of fun! :)
      In Cold Blood is BRILLIANT - hopefully you one day give it a chance!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh Sheldon.. One of the best characters on television. Thank you for making me smile and best of luck this week with your reading.

    http://mlsmanyreads.blogspot.ca/2015/05/bout-of-books-read-thon-13-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheldon's brilliant - he always puts a smile on my face. And he is one of those characters that I can relate with so much even though I am not as socially "challenged" as he is.
      Thanks for stopping by Melissa :)

      Delete