It was surprisingly difficult to pick just ten books, but here they are, in no particular order.
1. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote ~ This books blew my mind in so many different ways and made me incredibly interested about the true crime genre.
This one is a classic for a reason!
2. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord ~ though I loved Lord's debut novel 'Open Road Summer', I found myself enjoying this one even more! It will be published at the end of March and I think you all should add it to your TBRs.
3. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson ~ This one was so incredibly touching and real and just a rollercoaster ride for my emotions. A perfect contemporary read!
4. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover ~ probably the best new adult book I've read! This onw definitely gave me all the feels!
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ~ once in a while, you find books that you can really identify with. For me, Fangirl was a book like that!
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline ~ so imaginative, addicting and fast-paced! One of the coolest books I've read and it's filled with awesome references to movies and games.
7. Anna and the French Kiss trilogy by Stephanie Perkins ~ all the three books! It was impossible for me to pick just one! If you have read these books, you'll understand why.
8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler ~ no way I could make this list without including the book written by Queen Poehler. Hilarious, witty and full of laughs and wisdom.
9. Columbine by Dave Cullen ~ an incredibly well detailed, researched and touching book about the Columbine school shootings!
10. Saga (vol 1-3) by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ~ funny, imaginative, action-packed. I really need to get my hands on vol 4. Saga has made me super interested about graphic novels in general!