Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#25) - Top Ten Books That I Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS From The Last Three Years


It was surprisingly difficult to pick just ten books, but here they are, in no particular order.

1. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote ~ This books blew my mind in so many different ways and made me incredibly interested about the true crime genre.
This one is a classic for a reason!

2. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord ~ though I loved Lord's debut novel 'Open Road Summer', I found myself enjoying this one even more! It will be published at the end of March and I think you all should add it to your TBRs.

3. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson ~ This one was so incredibly touching and real and just a rollercoaster ride for my emotions. A perfect contemporary read!

4. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover ~ probably the best new adult book I've read! This onw definitely gave me all the feels!

5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ~ once in a while, you find books that you can really identify with. For me, Fangirl was a book like that!

6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline ~ so imaginative, addicting and fast-paced! One of the coolest books I've read and it's filled with awesome references to movies and games.

7. Anna and the French Kiss trilogy by Stephanie Perkins ~ all the three books! It was impossible for me to pick just one! If you have read these books, you'll understand why.

8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler ~ no way I could make this list without including the book written by Queen Poehler. Hilarious, witty and full of laughs and wisdom.

9. Columbine by Dave Cullen ~ an incredibly well detailed, researched and touching book about the Columbine school shootings!

10. Saga (vol 1-3) by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ~ funny, imaginative, action-packed. I really need to get my hands on vol 4. Saga has made me super interested about graphic novels in general! 

6 comments:

  1. Great list! Fangirl and Ready Player One were such fantastic reads :) Still have yet to get around to the rest of Saga, I've sort of slowed down on the graphic novels front recently :3

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saga is so good and has definitely made me want to look for more graphic novels to read. The only thing with them is the fact that they are quite expensive and I always tend to read them quite fast...

      Thanks for stopping by Lianne! :)

      Delete
  2. When I put my list together I thought it was asking for top new new favourites PUBLISHED in the last 3-5 years! My list would have been different if it had been READ in the last 3 years! I don't have the energy to do the darn list again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't quite sure of how to do this list either, but this seems to be what most has done.
      I bet the list of books published in the last 3-5 years is interesting as well. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Awesome list! Ready Player One and Fangirl are so amazing! They're my favorites too. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to reread both, especially Ready Player One. I feel like it is one of those books you will get so much out of the second time around.
      Thanks for stopping by Krystianna! :)

      Delete