For more information, click here.
1. Elizabeth Bennet - I think Elizabeth is one of the first fictional characters I have ever identified with. I was very young when I was first introduced to P&P and since then I have felt a connection towards her. She's witty, confident and a bit stubborn, but she also tries to acknowledge her flaws, which is something that I think we all should aspire for.
2. Cress - Though I love both Cinder and Scarlet, I have found myself connecting to the largest extent with Cress. Though I don't see much of myself in her, I love her as a character - yes, she is vulnerable, but she is also extremely strong. And she's just so wonderfully awkward (which is something I can totally connect with!)
3. Hermione Granger - Oh Hermione! I grew up with you. I love you!
4. Mia Thermopolis - Mia is one of those characters who along Hermione were there with me while growing up. I love her awkwardness and her sense of humor. And yeah, I kind of love Josh too.
5. Cath - The moment I really got into Fangirl, I felt such a connection with the book and with the main character Cath. I have SUCKED with adjusting to college (it's my final year now and I still don't feel like myself in this place) and I was really able to identify with Cath's struggle. Too bad I haven't found my own Levi.
6. Tina Fey - Okay, not a fictional character, but a real life heroine! This woman changed SNL for the better! She is funny, does not really care what other's think about her, and in general, she just kicks butt!
7. Katniss Everdeen - She's strong, brave, caring and just generally a really good, realistic heroine!
8. Lorelai Gilmore - Perhaps not a book character, but nevertheless a super awesome lady! Though I love Rory, I have always identified more with Lorelai and her sense of humor. I also love her confidence and wish that I would possess a similar level of confidence.
9. Jane Eyre - Though her situation is not one I would want to find myself from, I love how she copes with it and how she grows as a person. She has been dealt a bad hand, but she tries her best to find some sort of happiness, which she eventually really gets and deserves.
10. Amy Poehler - ALL HAIL THE QUEEN! If I were to worship a human being, it would be this lady. She's my hero, my inspiration and constant source of joy for me. I have so much love and appreciation for this woman it's insane.
My MOM! My nm. 1 heroine ALWAYS!