Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Reading Challenges

The truth is... I suck with challenges. I feel like I get so occupied with trying to fulfill them that I eventually stop reading altogether because of the pressure. But since I am stubborn and want to believe that I CAN DO IT, I will attempt to participate in a couple of reading challenges for 2015. 





This will be my first time participating in the debut author challenge. In previous years I have felt like I've hard a hard time with the challenge because I haven't owned an E-reader and physical copies of new books tend to always be expensive. Now that I have both a Kindle and a tablet, I have easier access to new books through the purchasing of electronic copies. 2015 looks like an amazing year for YA/NA/MG debuts, so I am really looking forward to this challenge.

I am hoping to read a total of 12 debuts (at least)!

For more information about the challenge, please click here

Some of the debuts I really would like to read in 2015:

- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (I read this in 2014, so it won't count in the challenge, but I just wanted to mention it here anyway)


Since I LOVE YA contemporary and read a lot of them yearly, I thought that this challenge would be PERFECT for me.

The level I am aiming for is "Peony", which means that I should read 16-20 contemporary titles. 

For more information, click here

I know there are a lot of other wonderful challenges out there, but for now, these will be the ones I will attempt to participate in. If you think there is a challenge I should check out, please let me know in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. I think it is great to read more debts! I might just have to sign up for that challenge too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, always great to see the new talent! :) You definitely should join the challenge as well!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I never participated in a lot of challenges, but this year I signed-up for 4 year long ones and probably will od a few shorter ones as well. I read quite some debut and contemporary romances, so I probably could do those challenges as well, but I kinda stick with the current number as not to overhwelm myself. They sound like fun challenges though! I usually set low goals with challenges like this so I don't stress too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the challenges can get pretty overwhelming if there are too many of them - just keeping count of what books count to which challenge will start to take a lot of time away from reading.

      Good luck with your challenges and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the YA Contemporary Challenge! :) I'm participating in the Debut Author Challenge too and The Wrong Side of Right is one I'm also hoping to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Montana! I am really looking forward to reading books for the contemporary challenge - I am just actually starting with the first book to count toward it :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete