Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#21) : Top Ten 2014 Releases

For more information, click here.

This week's topic is Top Ten 2014 Releases I Read In 2014 (not in particular order)


1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler 
 My queen, my inspiration, my girl crush. Yes Please is wonderful and funny and honest and beautiful, just like its author.

2. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review)

So cute, so funny, and oh my, Josh is unreal! ALL THE FEELS. 

3. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (review)
 Brilliantly written, heart-wrenching and extremely honest! This one will be turned into a film and I AM SO NOT READY FOR ALL THE FEELS!

4. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
One of the most anticipated 2014 releases for me! And I am happy to say that this one did not disappoint. 

5. Falling into Place by Amy Zhang (review)
This book was a complete surprise for me! I just thought I would give it a go since I received a review copy of it and ended up reading the whole thing on one go because I wasn't able to put it down. Such a nerve wracking, honest and occasionally heart-wrenching read! Zhang is an extremely talented writer and this debut really has made me curious to see what comes next. 

6. Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros (review)
One of the best, if not the best, new adult books I've ever read! I had not even passed the 10 percent mark on my Kindle when I cried for the first time! Also, the male protagonist Josh is probably one of the most perfect fictional guys ever - reading about him made me constantly think about the beautiful face of Sidney Crosby. Seriously, if you like NA and haven't read this one yet, DO IT NOW!
7. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (review)
Emotional, funny, honest, romantic and well written. What more can I ask for?

 8. All Lined Up by Cora Carmack (review)
 Damn you, Cora Carmack. All the feels. All the laughs. All the cute guys and romance.
I was completely blown away by this one! And don't be fooled about the whole romance thing because this one is also an awesome story about a young girl finding herself and learning to love herself just as she is.

 The beautiful cover, the wonderful main character and the slow building romances and family relationships! WHY ISN'T THE SECOND BOOK AVAILABLE ALREADY?

10. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (review)
 This one is probably my FAVORITE contemporary young adult book of the year! I laughed and I cried. I loved the fact that this one is not only about the romance, but also about self-discovery and friendships!

20 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the books you've mentioned in your post. I'll have to check them out! Here is a link to my TTT list for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you end up reading some of them :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adored Open Road Summer. It was such a good book! I absolutely love your gifs in this post. They really made me smile! :-) Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open Road Summer was such a positive surprise for me - I expected a sweet contemporary read and got so much more than just that :)
      Haha, Amy has a tendency to make everyone smile!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love how you found all the appropriate gifs! Good job :D

    Here's my list http://ireadboooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/top-ten-books-i-read-in-2014/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! :)
      I get way too much enjoyment from the gif hunting :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I started Yes Please and was really enjoying it but then it was due back at the library and I had to get on the wait list again. I'm really looking forward to actually being able to sit down and read it. Pretty much every book you mention is on my TBR especially Stephanie Perkins and Cora Carmack. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks - it is a great book full of so much wisdom! I hope you get to finish reading it soon :)
      Stephanie Perkins and Cora Carmack rule - I still have Carmack's sequel to All Lined up to read as well as her new fantasy novel. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge CoHo fan, too, Milka. And several of your other books are on my TBR :)

    Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. I love Colleen Hoover too. here's my TTT

    Also, I still have my $30 Amazon giveaway going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Colleen Hoover really is fabulous - I haven't read all of her novels yet, but I definitely want to.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I see you love Colleen Hoover as much as I do! I was so obsessed with her this year and can't wait to read all of her other books next year. Haven't read Maybe Someday yet so that'll be next for me. Great list!

    Here is mine :) http://busybrunettesbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some Colleen Hoover books to read as well, for example Slammed. Maybe Someday is brilliant - you are in for a treat!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, so many awesome ones and I've only read 2 of them!! I loved Falling into Place and City of Heavenly Fire. PERFECT series conclusion. XD And now I have The Bane Chronicles to appease me until Cassandra Clare writes more. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. City of Heavenly Fire definitely was the perfect conclusion! I still haven't read the Infernal Devices - I do own them though and I am planning to read them as soon as I go back to Edinburgh for my final semester of uni - I only have one module to do, which means uni only two days a week, so I should have a plenty of time to read after doing my uni work and dissertation writing :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Great list! I've only read To All the Boys I Lobed Before on your list, but I heard great things about some of the other books you've listed. Maybe next year I'll get around to Stephanie Perkins' books and Amy Poehler? lol fun use of the gifs btw :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie Perkins's books are AWESOME! I definitely want to re-read them one after another at some point when I find the time for that :)
      Amy Poehler's book is fantastic as well.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  10. Haha, not only have you got a list filled with books I read and loved but you also have used some of the most awesome gifs! LOVE Colleen Hoover, Maybe Someday and Ugly Love were both amazing. To All The Boys... YES! I need the sequel already, what is taking so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks - finding awesome gifs for these posts if one of my favorite parts about writing them. :D
      I am so looking forward to the All The Boys sequel as well!
      Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

      Delete