Saturday, December 13, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#22)

"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"

For more information, click here


 
My True Love Gave To Me - Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins

If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: TWELVE HOLIDAY STORIES by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins. Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or Kwanzaa, there’s something here for everyone. So curl up by the fireplace and get cozy. You have twelve reasons to stay indoors and fall in love.
  
Red Queen (Red Queen Trilogy #1) by Victoria Aveyard

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?
  

Eyes Turned Skyward by Rebecca Yarros
Since her sister's death, twenty-year-old Paisley Donovan, who shares her sister’s heart condition, is treated like delicate glass by her parents. But nothing will stop her from completing her Bucket List—even if it kills her. And it almost does, until Jagger Bateman pulls her from the ocean and breathes more than air into her lungs—he sets her soul on fire.

Jagger is enrolled in the country's toughest flight school. He's wickedly hot, reckless, and perfect for a girl looking to live life to the fullest. Except that Paisley is the commanding general's daughter, and her boyfriend is Jagger's biggest rival. Now Paisley must decide just how much to risk for a guy who makes her heart pound a little too hard.

They're flying through dangerous territory—and one wrong move could make them crash and burn...

18 comments:

  1. Great haul this week, Milka! All your new books look interesting, but I think I'd like Red Queen most of all.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Red Queen last night and can't wait to read more of it! The world-building has been amazing so far.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your books this week! :-) My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading My True Love Gave to Me one story at a time for awhile now. There's some good stuff in there. I just finished Eyes Turned Skyward this past week and it was so, so good. I loved it.

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished with My True Love Gave to Me and quite liked it - some stories were amazing and some so-so, but in general, it was pretty good!
      I really need to get to Rebecca Yarros's book soon - Full Measures by her was amazing, so my expectations are pretty high! :)

      Delete
  4. You got an amazing assortment of books this week in your pile. Red Queen is getting a lot of good buzz to it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Red Queen will not disappoint! The hype around it has been highly positive.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Red Queen! I was so good. Eyes Turned Skyward sounds really good, I am going to have to check that one out. Great haul!
    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that you enjoyed it! I started reading it last night and so far I find it interesting!
      Rebecca Yarros's Full Measures is awesome - you should check it out as well! :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to Red Queen and My True Love Gave To Me. Love holiday stories this time of year. Enjoy! Happy Holidays & Happy Reading! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My True Love Gave to Me is perfect for the holidays!!
      Just started with Red Queen and I am really enjoying it so far :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have my eye on Red Queen! The cover looks pretty and the synopsis is promising. Great books you got this week. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. There's so much hype about it right now!! Hopefully it will be as awesome as it sounds! :)

      Delete
  9. I may start the Red Queen soon. I see everyone talking about it. I hope you enjoy it!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and don't forget to enter our current GIVEAWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it last night and I am really enjoying it so far :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete