Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Post (#20)


For more information, click here

Recap:

Coming up:
Review for Made For You by Melissa Marr (ARC)
Review for Poisoned Apples: Poems For You, My Pretty by Christine Heppermann (ARC)
Review for Alienated by Melissa Landers

What I read this week:
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Made for You by Melissa Marr
Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle

What I watched this week:

Capote: after reading  In Cold Blood I got interested about Truman Capote as well as the murder case the book focuses on. This movie was brilliant; so melancholic and hopeless and sad. 

The Wrestler: For my possible dissertation research (I'm going in with two ideas, the political one is the other)

Neighbors: Shirtless Zac Efron. Enough said.

The Fault in Our Stars: SO SAD. I cried A LOT.

A Long Way Down: I didn't like this one AT ALL. The single thing that made me watch it til the end was the beautiful face of Aaron Paul.

The Fountain: Also for my dissertation research.

From TV shows I watched some Arrested Development, some Friends plus I started watching Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Arrow and My So-Called Life.

In other news:

So bout of books was kind of a fail... AGAIN. I did read two and a half books, but I won't bother with counting the pages or the hours I read because the total would be nowhere near my goal. I won't be too hard on myself about this though because I managed to see some friends this week. I also watched films for my other possible dissertation topic and caught up with some films I've been wanting to see for ages. So all's good.

As you can probably see from my plan for next week, there will be a little less activity at the blog next week, which means that it will also take me a little more time to answer to comments. I only have about three weeks left at home here in in Finland before I have to travel back to university in Scotland and I want to spend as much of that time out of the Internet as possible. I use so much Internet while I'm at uni that I can do all of that then. Staying away from Internet does not mean that I won't watch shows and read books, it just means that I will not update about them so frequently. I will still do my Sunday post next week though!

This week on Instagram:

Finally reading Isla was great because the gap between the second and the final book in the trilogy was SO LONG. The wait was totally worth it though.
My mom brought fresh blueberries from the cabin, so I've been eating a lot of them this week. I always want to eat as much blueberries as I want while I'm Finland because Finnish blueberries are usually gathered from the forest, not from bushes like in UK. 
Capote was AMAZING! I've always held Philip Seymour-Hoffman in high regard , but my admiration for him reached whole new levels now that I've seen this film. 
Once again hanging out in my Ariel leggins.
The collected short stories of Truman Capote - I've been reading some of this so far. I feel like it isn't one of those books you can read on one sitting, just because the stories vary so much, but I really have enjoyed it and can't wait to read more!
Taking advantage of the fresh blueberries by making a blueberry pancake. So yummy.

7 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I don't do readathons is that I know I won't achieve my goal. But you tried and that is better than I manage :) Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accepted Kimba's challenge to visit new blogs, so hi!

    I liked Neighbors a lot too. I thought it was funny.

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Recap Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blueberry pancake looks good! I love blueberries. I have a blueberry bush that I bought this year. My yield was about 16 berries! Let's hope it survives the winter and produces more berries next year as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy post, and not just the blueberries. I get into watching movies until it's a marathon. Also enjoyed Capote...

    Today I went to the movies and saw If I Stay...so good!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries, love 'em. Better freshly picked than from the store, but either way. :) Haven't seen a lot of TV lately, but I'm curious about Arrow, heard it's pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My So Called Life! I was a teenager when that came out (if that gives you any idea how old I am!) and I LOVED that show. Jordan Catalano... Anyway! There's nothing as yummy as fresh picked blueberries! I've heard amazing things about the Hoffman's portrayal of Capote and plan on reading Breakfast at Tiffany's for The Classics Club. Definitely looking forward to reading it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blueberries are mouth-watering :) I have yet to see the movie on Capote, but I'd love to. Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete