Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Post (#19)


For more information, click here

Recap:


Coming up:

Bout of Books TBR (LATER TONIGHT)
Review for The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Waiting on Wednesday
Review for The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle
Stacking the Shelves
Bout of Books Updates

What I read this week:

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Black Water by Joyce Carol Oates
M by Jon J Muth (graphic novel adaptation of Fritz Lang's film M)
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

What I watched this week:

It has been quieter on the film watching front this week. I watched so many the week before that I've kind of just been taking a break from intensive watching. I did watch a film called I Love You, Man starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel on Friday night when my friend was over and really enjoyed it! A bit fluffy and generic, yeah, but SUPER FUNNY.

I finally finished with season 3 of Once Upon a Time last night and let me tell you... I am so in love with Captain Hook it's ridiculous. Just look at this beautiful face (and my new desktop background)


I also managed to watch the pilot episode of the new NBC show A to Z. Didn't blow my mind or anything, but I think I'm going to give it a chance. I also watched the season episode of The Knick, which I loved and got even more intrigued about where that show is going.

Now it's time to watch episode 2 of Outlander! I AM SO EXCITED!

Around the Internet:


In other news:

The weather is finally starting to cool down and the house is not like a sauna anymore. PERFECTION. I've been sleeping so much better this past week now that it is not so hot anymore. I am still sleeping in our little extra room (a room that used to be a garage and was the converted into a bedroom) which happens to be the coolest room in the house, not because it's too hot in the rest of the house but because it is kind of distanced from the other rooms, meaning that I can listen to music there and watch movies without waking up the rest of my family (they go to sleep early since they work and sometimes I might stay up really late).

I went to an ice hockey game on Thursday and oh my, it just felt so good going back to that ice hall. It was just a practice game, so nothing super exciting, but in any case, it was nice to go.  

This week on Instagram:

I was just completely devastated after I heard that Robin Williams has passed. I loved his movies as a kid and remember that Flubber was among the first movies I ever saw in the cinema. I do not tend to take celebrity news too seriously, but this really hit home (I think it was partly due to the whole depression and suicide thing, which is something I've gone through in my family). In any case, rest in peace Robin and thanks for the laughs!
HAPPY PLACE. In addition to home and school, this is the place I've spent the most hours in my life at. So many happy memories. I can't wait to see the new Championship flag being raised next to the 1981, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008 flags next month. 
I took this while I was on my way home from the hockey game Thursday night. Sights like this make me appreciate this city a bit more every single time.
I've been wanting to read this book FOR AGES but I've also been kind of hesitant about it. For some reason I always feel wary picking up books that everyone else has enjoyed, thinking about how I can justify possibly not liking it. Well, I did not have to face that problem with this one because after about 40 pages I already knew that I had faced one of my favorite books of all time. So entertaining, yet creepy. So much like a thriller novel, yet all true. 
I got my new glasses this week (thanks Mom for buying them for me!) and I'm in love with them. For years I've had a thing for big frames and every single time I buy ones that are a little bit bigger than the previous ones I owned. I tried on Ray Bans, but then found these Jimmy Choo frames that just instantly made me fall in love with them.
I do not take photos of myself very often, but I wanted to take one wearing the new glasses. And I guess it was time to change my Facebook profile photo too since I've had the same one for ages. 

9 comments:

  1. Your new glasses are awesome! And such an epic selfie. ;) What did you think of Midsummer's Nightmare?? I wasn't as sold. I thought The Duff was better. *shrugs* My sister has a friend who's going to lend us S1 of OUAT and I'm really excited. I love retellings in books, so why not on TV?!! XD
    My Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really happy with my choice. I can't wait to pair some cute outfits with them :)
      Midsummer's Nightmare was okay but not as good as the Duff though. I do like Keplinger's protagonists though.

      Prepare yourself for AWESOMENESS with OUAT. And just wait for season 2 and HOOK. He's perfection.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. The glasses are great, they perfectly frame your eyes :) I never read In cold blood, not because everybody praised it but because I thought it would be too hard (I was a teenager, then, I'd give it a go now). You live in a beautiful city if you can take pictures of sunset like that one. Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It is a very heavy book and quite detailed, but I am happy that I read it.

      I really do - that's taken from a bridge that goes across a river, but the sunsets close to my house by the ocean are even more beautiful.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. It has been a good forty years since I read In Cold Blood but it still stands as one of the best books I've ever read. A wow-ser!

    Enjoy your week!

    Here's my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow-ser indeed - I will be thinking about that book for a while. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Awe, your glasses are great! You have some good reviews coming up. Enjoy your week. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glasses! You look adorable! Catcher in the Rye made my books I don't want to read list so I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it to see if I change my mind! In Cold Blood is another one I'm not sure I want to read but mostly because I know enough about the actual murder I'm not sure I want the story in my head! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once Upon a Time is supposed to be pretty good. I'm not familiar with many of the other new shows... glad things are cooling down there, we've been cooler here too which is just weird for August.

    Looks like good stuff coming up this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete