Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#15): Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar #1) by K.K. Hendin

"Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here


Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar #1) by K.K. Hendin (expected publication August 18th, 2014) 

Everyone thought we’d be the ones who made it through high school. The ones who’d get married and stay married forever. The example of how young love can work. 

We thought so, too. 

Too bad life had other plans.

It’s been three years since Hayley and Nate broke each other’s hearts. Three years, and a lot has changed. Hayley’s a freshman in Bushwick University, and the only things keeping her sane are stress baking, and her a cappella group, Twelve Beats in a Bar.

Nate’s a Marine, stationed in Afghanistan. The only thing that’s keeping him sane is the last picture he has of him and Hayley, and the hope that maybe when the hell of deployment is over, he can find her again and apologize.

One explosion will change everything.

When a bomb kills all of Nate’s unit, leaving him missing a leg and eyesight in one eye, he’s sent back home to Texas. Texas, where he loved Hayley more than he could possibly imagine ever loving anyone else.

With seemingly endless amounts of free time and needing something to distract himself, Nate starts making YouTube videos, imploring Hayley to come back to him, and come back to Texas.

Hayley’s life is wrapped around the Beats, making sure she doesn’t flunk out of biology class, and babysitting Ohio’s smallest monster, Brandon. She doesn't want to admit it, but she misses Nate more than anything.

It’s too bad she doesn’t know just how much he misses her, too…

"TOO BAD LIFE HAD OTHER PLANS"


"BROKE EACH OTHER'S HEARTS"


A MALE PROTAGONIST WHO'S A MARINE


"THE LAST PICTURE HE HAS OF HIM AND HAYLEY"


"ONE EXPLOSION WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING"


"WHERE HE LOVED HAYLEY MORE THAN HE COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE EVER LOVING ANYONE ELSE"


"YOUTUBE VIDEOS, IMPLORING HAYLEY TO COME BACK TO HIM"


"SHE MISSES NATE MORE THAN ANYTHING"


"TOO BAD SHE DOESN'T KNOW JUST HOW MUCH HER MISSES HER, TOO..."



34 comments:

  1. This book radiates so much feels, Milka! It's like the book is taunting everyone to get their hearts broken by reading it. Thanks for sharing. This is definitely going straight to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Only the synopsis manages to make me emotional.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh this one kinda reminds me of Making Faces by Amy Harmon, which I absolutely loved. It's also new to me and exactly my kind of read so I'm definitely looking it up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about Making Faces before but I definitely need to check that out from Goodreads.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Oh ma gosh I just saw this one on goodreads and fell in love with the cover and synopsis and oh ma gosh, you made my day with these gifs. So cool! Great pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally everything about this book seems perfect. My expectations are SUPER high.
      Good to hear that the gifs were entertaining - I always have such a good time looking for them.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I don't know if I can handle this one!! It definitely sounds like a good read though. I may have to check it out. I should get some tissues at the same time...
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, tissues are probably a must with this one!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds full of drama! Thanks for sharing...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds very dramatic and emotional!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I basically want to read this since it's title is "Come Back to Texas" (I'm from Texas). I definitely think this is going on my TBR stat!

    Thanks for stopping by my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Texas (unfortunately) but everything set in Texas always makes me think of Friday Night Lights and thus manages to make me instantly excited :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. First, love the gifs. Second, this sounds beyond heartbreaking. Even though it also sounds good I'm scared to read it. Either way, I have to add this to my TBR.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always have such a good time looking for the gifs. :)
      I am kind of scared too but also super excited!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I think this book is totally going to make me bawl my eyes out!
    I feel ya, Troy. But seriously, it better have the sweetest ending, or there will be hell to pay! haha. Awesome pick, Milka!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking the same! I'll probably cry like a baby.
      This seems to be a series, but since NA novels usually have the second book as a companion novel/story from a different POV, I'm hoping there's some type of happy conclusion.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Excuse me while I curl up into a ball and CRY!!!
    This is my first time hearing about this book and it's now been added to my TBR!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that so many of you seem to be new to this one - it's great to share the book love with others!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Oh, this sounds like a whole boatload of angst!!!! I'm adding this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds like it's filled with angst and tears, but I also hope there are some realistic and honest romantic moments in the mix.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. This looks so cute and like its going to break my heart!! Great Pick!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know the feeling!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  12. This sounds really good! (And, the gifs were kind of amazing!) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this looks great! Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad to see people getting so excited about this one :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Awesome pick! I haven't heard of this one yet. I have to go check it out!

    Come check out my blog and maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!
      I'll definitely stop by your blog. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  15. This one sounds good! Thanks for introducing me to it :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I wantttt this! Right now. Thank you for not featuring it earlier so I didn't have to live in pain for too long! :D

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank lord I did not find it much earlier myself because the wait would have been horrible! :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. I just saw this for the first time the other day. I never really read NA, but it does sound interesting, and I do love that cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now you've done it. I want to read it too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete