Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#14): The Memory Key by Liana Liu


"Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here


The Memory Key by Liana Liu (expected publication March 3rd, 2015 by HarperTeen)


In a five-minutes-into-the-future world, a bereaved daughter must choose between losing memories of her mother to the haze of time and the reality-distorting, visceral pain of complete, perfect recall.



Lora Mint is determined not to forget.



Though her mother’s been dead for five years, Lora struggles to remember every detail about her—most importantly, the specific events that occurred the night she sped off in her car, never to return.



But in a world ravaged by Vergets disease, a viral form of Alzheimer’s, that isn’t easy. Usually Lora is aided by her memory key, a standard-issue chip embedded in her brain that preserves memories just the way a human brain would. Then a minor accident damages Lora’s key, and her memories go haywire. Suddenly Lora remembers a moment from the night of her mother’s disappearance that indicates her death was no accident. Can she trust these formerly forgotten memories? Or is her ability to remember every painful part of her past driving her slowly mad—burying the truth forever?



Lora’s longing for her lost mother and journey to patch up her broken memories is filled with authentic and poignant emotion. Her race to uncover the truth is a twisty ride. In the end, Liana Liu’s story will spark topical conversations about memory and privacy in a world that is reliant on increasingly invasive forms of technology.


"REALITY-DISTORTING, VISCERAL PAIN OF COMPLETE, PERFECT RECALL"


"VERGETS DISEASE, A VIRAL FORM OF ALZHEIMER'S"


"MEMORY KEY"


"HER DEATH WAS NO ACCIDENT"


"AUTHENTIC AND POIGNANT EMOTION"


"WILL SPARK TOPICAL CONVERSATIONS ABOUT MEMORY AND PRIVACY IN A WORLD THAT IS RELIANT ON INCREASINGLY INVASIVE FORMS OF TECHNOLOGY"


30 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds amazing! I could not add it to my TBR fast enough. Viral Alzheimer's sounds like it could totally be some kind of conspiracy too. GREAT pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely gives conspiracy vibes for sure.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Woha this seems great. I haven't heard of it but now it really seems like something I'd like to read. I mean Viral Alzheimer's..Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viral Alzheimer's definitely is something I haven't heard of before, so I am intrigued.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. The Memory Key is new to me but definitely sounds like great wow. I love the idea of disease that's like Alzheimer’s and memory chips and... well everything. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound like a compelling and mysterious read. I'm also pretty sure it will wreck readers emotionally. I hadn't heard of this one before so thanks for introducing me to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am expecting a lot of feels from this one.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good! and the cover gives nothing away so i'm excited to see how it turns out.

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point about the cover! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. hahah looove the gifs!! Hee, I hadn't actually heard of this one before now, but I'm totally with you - this sounds fantastic and intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! :D Selecting the gifs is always the fun part :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I can see right now this book will make me cry lol

    Here's our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I not know of this book before? It looks great! I'm really interested in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of the same thing when I found this from goodreads. :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I love the concept of this story, will definitely keep my eye open for it when it releases :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA, I love your key words/gif! But seriously, this sounds amazing! And having studied the brain/memory, I'm definitely intrigued! Great pick, Milka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it is always so much fun to look for the gifs :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. This one is new to me, but it sounds interesting.

    I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think this one is going to be for me, but thanks for stopping by today. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those gifs are seriously perfect! I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds awesome! Onto the TBR! Great pick!! :D

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I had a lot of fun looking for the gifs :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Sounds amazing! New to me but adding it to my to-read list now. A viral form of Alzheimer's would be horrific! But at least they have the memory chips although curious why hers went haywire and what she learns of the accident! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  15. How have I not heard of this before?! Adding it to the TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... sounds a bit intense! Enjoy it when you get it!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and make cash for every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete