Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#19)


For more information, click here

This week's topic is Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From (since I have books in two different countries at the moment, some of them at my home in Finland and some at my apartment in Edinburgh, I might not remember the exact number of books I own from these authors)




Cassandra Clare
I think the only book written by Clare that I don't own is the Shadow Hunter's Codex (+The Bane Chronicles which hasn't been released yet). I have read The Mortal Instruments and I am eagerly waiting to get started with The Infernal Devices


Jane Austen
I LOVE Jane Austen and used to be quite obsessed with her at some point - I still am, but not quite so fanatically. I own all of her novels (some in several different editions) and a collection of her letters as well. 


J.K. Rowling
I own the entire Harry Potter series as well as The Tales of Beetle the Bard.


Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite YA contemporary writers and I think I own a total of 5 of her novels on paperback. The ones I do not own yet I am definitely planning on buying at some point.


Meg Cabot
I own the Princess Diaries series both in Finnish and English and it still remains one of my favorite series of all time. I grew up with Harry Potter, but I also grew up with Mia Thermopolis!


James Patterson
I occasionally feel like reading crime novels and during those times I always go for James Patterson and his Alex Cross novels. I think I have the first six books in the series back at Edinburgh.


William Shakespeare
Shakespeare is probably the author I own most titles from. I own a big copy with all of his works collected into it as well as several separate copies of the plays. I think in total I have about 40 books with the name 'William Shakespeare' on the cover.


Dan Brown
I have copies of the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons both here in Finland and at Edinburgh. Back at Edinburgh I also have the two other Robert Langdon books. And I think I also have an illustrated copy of The Da Vinci Code somewhere in storage. 


Stephenie Meyer
I have a copy of Twilight here in Finland and at Edinburgh I have the whole Twilight series plus The Host. I have read The Twilight series several times (yes, I used to be obsessed with those books), but I still haven't tackled The Host. Is it worth a read?


Rosie Rushton
I think I own all but one of her modern YA retellings of Jane Austen's novels. I used to love these back in the day - super quick and fun to read! 

10 comments:

  1. The Host is so much better than the Twilight books. I suggest you read it! Its in my top 5 books.
    Great list :)
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-uH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment - I'll definitely reconsider reading The Host. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh good list! I haven't heard of Rosie Rushton but I'm intrigued by the idea of YA retellings of Jane Austin! I'll have to look for her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't seem to be super known, at least not among US readers, and I kind of stumbled upon her books randomly while visiting UK years ago. Her books are super cute and fast-paced and great for fans of Jane Austen. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I also own several copies of Jane Austen. I think I also did at one point with Shakespeare but then I got my collected edition + you can get them all for your eReader for free so no more extra physical copies for me (unless I love the play so much) :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane Austen is the best! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. +JMJ+

    I had thought that Jane Austen wouldn't make many lists with this week's topic, because she has so few novels compared to more prolific writers who are still alive; but thanks to people owning multiple editions of her books, she's appearing quite frequently! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really really glad to see her on some many lists as well :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yay Dessen made your list. I own all of her books and I just love her writing. I'm pretty sure I would fangirl if I were to ever meet her.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish to own all of her books one day too - that might take time (and money) though, especially if I want to own them all in the same edition (I now have a mix of US and UK editions).
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete