Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#16)

For more information, click here

This week's topic is Top Ten Blogging Confessions

1. I always forget linking my reviews to the 'reviews' page on my blog! Which always leads to me having to link several reviews at the same time. I've been trying to check the page every Sunday while I do my Sunday Post posting, but pretty much every week I forget to do that. I don't know how many of you actually look through my review database and look for old reviews, but I personally find it annoying when I don't remember to add my posts there.



2. I suck with deciding what reviews I should post during which week. I always come across these blogs with different themes for different weeks/months etc. with reviews fitting to that theme whereas I just post something random from my drafts. I have a habit of hording reviews to my drafts which has resulted in the fact that I have some reviews there for books I've read like a year ago and I just haven't posted. I should probably just start to post them from the oldest to the newest or something.



3. I am the WORST Netgalley user. I always request these books and then when they're approved, I realize that I'm not that interested in most of them anymore or I have already started to read something else. I'm kind of thinking that I should do a monthly feature of sorts to my blog which would force me to review at least one Netgalley title per month.



4. I've been trying to come up with an original feature for like two months and I still have no idea what I should do.

5. The last time I read a book in my mother tongue was in the early 2011. I started to read one a couple of weeks ago and it just didn't feel right.

6. I am extremely organized otherwise, but for some reason I suck with blog organisation. Those using some type of (online) calendar for planning their posts etc., please tell me which one is a good and easy to use.


7. Probably over half of the books I own are ones that I haven't read yet.

8. I haven't really talked about my blog with my "real life" friends even though I've had this blog for like four years.



9. I've wanted to dabble into the book tube community for about a year now but I still haven't gathered the courage to do so.

10. I would like to contribute to other blogs/have someone contribute to mine because I think that would allow me to find awesome bookish friends. 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Haha, I almost feel sorry for you when I read all these confessions. I also can't remember the last time I read a Dutch book for fun - school books not included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't feel sorry. Luckily most of them are more like quirks than actual problems :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I want to create my own meme, too. I have one idea. I should start it. This summer. While I have time.

    Here are My Blogging Confessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of got an idea just today - I just need to try and make a couple of example posts and see whether I can keep up with it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love your list :) I'm terrible at scheduling things for my blog. Everything is last minute.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel you, I am kind of the same :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love this - I have the same NetGalley problem, such a bad blogger! As for number ten, we could strike that one off the list! Feel free to contact me through my blog and we could come up with a collaboration or guest post - that might even strike off your original feature problem too! :)

    R x
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and remember to send you an email once I get my piling email correspondence sorted out :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. +JMJ+

    I read a book in my mother tongue last month and it was not easy! It was also the most interesting reading experience I've had in a while. I'm so used to having excellent reading comprehension and recall of details that it was interesting to understand exactly why others have a hard time reading . . . or even find reading to be a chore.

    ReplyDelete