Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Post (#13)




For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
Waiting on Wednesday (The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne)

Coming up:
Review for How We Deal with Gravity by Ginger Scott (NEW RELEASE)
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Blogging Confessions
Waiting on Wednesday
Review for In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Friday Favorites: YA Contemporary Reads from my Kindle
Stacking the Shelves

What I read this week:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
How We Deal with Gravity by Ginger Scott
In Honor by Jessi Kirby

What I watched this week:

More Storage Wars!

Beauty and the Briefcase (this is a hilariously crappy TV movie starring Hilary Duff - I've seen it for like 5 times now, but they showed on Finnish TV, so I invited my friend over to watch it here). 


Around the Internet:



In other news:

It pretty much rained here for the most of the week, which means that I just spent time inside reading and writing for Camp NaNoWriMo. I am already almost 1/3th into my goal (30,000 words), which is pretty cool.

The weather is getting nice again and next week is supposed to be warm and sunny - I can't wait to take my books out to the backyard with some ice-tea and snacks.

I went to this AWESOME beach party last night. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and though I was a bit skeptical about the performers at first, they both ended up being awesome (there were four performers, but I only wanted to see two of them). I've always been laughing at BASSHUNTER, but oh man, he was so GOOD live. I am still in shock. We were in the front row and I totally had a squealing teen fangirl moment when I stood in front of me and winked his eye at me (oh lord, I am kind of embarrassed just writing this down...)

The second performer was MOHOMBI - I think my life is complete now that I've heard Bumpy Ride live. 

This week on Instagram (plus a couple of photos from my camera):
The aftermath of reading How We Deal with Gravity by Ginger Scott - a pile of tissues.

I am kind of known for my (hopefully) funny and silly birthday cards. I was over at my friend's and she found this I gave to her a couple of years ago when she turned 21. It's made from a poster of a Finnish rap/hip hop duo JVG. I think it's the PERFECT decoration piece, but for some reason she had it in storage... silly girl.

The beginning for Morgan Matson's Second Chance Summer. I am preparing myself for the feels.
Best friends since about 1993! (I'm in the middle)
Basshunter
Mohombi (he ended up taking his shirt off by the end of the concert and let me tell you, THE LADIES WERE GOING CRAZY.
Photo taken after the summer party from the beach - no filter needed for the Finnish summer.

18 comments:

  1. Oh that beach party sounds amazing!!! Oh gosh, I remember when Basshunter was popular here too. Everyone were crazy about Now You're Gone! LOL for the wink! :D He is good looking, I'll give you that. You and your friends look amazing :) Also How We Deal with Gravity is going on my to-read list as I love books that make you cry. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was super popular EVERYWHERE after Boten Anna, but I didn't really know any other songs by him. But that didn't really matter because he was such a great, funny performer. The music he performs is nothing like the music I usually enjoy, so I kind of hoped I would wake up this morning and realize I had just a momentary glitch that made me enjoy the concert. But now, I'm still totally thinking about.
      I had seen old photos of him and didn't think about about his looks, but oh wow, he look so different in real life - super hot! :D

      Thanks - it's rare to get a photo in which we all look decent :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog design! It's gorgeous :) Never heard of Basshunter. I have heard of Camp NaNoWriMo though :) I've never done the camp, but I do YWP NaNoWriMo every November.

    Happy Reading!

    My Sunday Post

    Kacii
    The Kooky Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, that's nice to hear! I am quite fond of it myself - probably need to do something with the flower background once it's winter, but otherwise I really like it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Never heard of Bass Hunter. I wish I had gotten to the beach last week, instead I did perpetual yard work and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had this one really popular song called 'Boten Anna' probably like 10 years ago - other than that, I think he's more famous here in Scandinavia than elsewhere since he's from Sweden.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Ah i actually have heard of Basshunter so it's so cool you got to see him! I wish I had gone to the beach! It sounds like you had a ton of fun this week and i'm looking forward to your review of In Honor since I have not read it yet!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Around the release of this first CD, he was quite a big name here in Finland but I think now he's mostly famous among the crowd that listen to the disco/techno type of music, which normally isn't my thing at all.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Beach parties sound like just the thing for the summer...enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was perfect - it is the first time they tried something like this at the beach and it really worked. And it was good practice for the summer festival I'm going to in a couple of weeks.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great show- nothing like music on the beach in the summertime.

    I like reading outside especially when there's a nice breeze and some nice cool drinks at hand... :) Hope you have a great week and nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It was the first year they tried this summer party concept there with a concert and it really seemed to work.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Woohoo! Beach party! That's what I need right now. Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally a party type at all and I usually just feel awkward and anxious, but I've started to notice that these outdoor festivities really suit me :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Your picture of the aftermath of How We Deal with Gravity is brilliant! A beach party sounds like such fun and reading inside while it's raining sounds pretty nice too. Ahh Hilary Duff. I saw the Lizzie McGuire movie in the theater with a bunch of 10 year old girls for one of my girl's birthday parties. It was embarrassingly catchy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I simply had to take it to show how emotional the book actually managed to make me.

      The Lizzie McGuire movie was one of my favorites back in the day... That was a really long time ago though.

      Delete
  9. Aww beach party! That definitely sounds fun! And I love when performers are fantastic live, it's like a nice bonus! Oh Hilary Duff, I totally loved her old Disney movies hahaa.
    Ooh, I need to read Second Chance Summer soon. But I might read Since You've Been Gone first. Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, especially performers that you didn't think much about before - I kind of went to the whole party, joking that I'll probably just waste my money for concerts that I didn't care about that much. But oh man, thank god for my friends persuading me to come because I would have missed an awesome set of concerts if I would have stayed home.

      I am really looking forward to reading Since You've Been Gone now that I finished with Second Chance Summer and absolutely loved it. It kind of destroyed me, but I loved it. SO SO SO MUCH!

      Delete