Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#9)

"Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here

The Road by Jay McLean (expected publication December 2014)


*Chloe*

For four years I watched him roaming the halls of high school, always quiet, without a single clue of his A-list status. Then one night he ran into me, literally.  He thought he saved me, but he had no idea how impossible that was. Now he wants to talk. Now he wants to get to know me. Now he thinks he's in love with me. 
Stupid, stupid boy.   


*Blake* 

I wish I'd found her earlier, but she chose to stay invisible. I watched her take in the world one breath at a time, while living her life alone. I told her that I saved her that night, but I lied. I think she saved me. She wants to push me away and tell me I'm wrong, but it's too late. Now she's been noticed. Now she's a part of me. Now I'm in love with her. 
Beautiful, beautiful girl.

I haven't read anything by this author before, but while browsing through some of her previous titles (which I've heard are amazing and of which I already acquired a couple of so I can read them at some point during the summer), I came across this and got really excited. I really like the synopsis and the fact that it seems like the book will be narrated through both Chloe and Blake. I am expecting high emotions, maybe some secrets and hidden pasts, romance... And I love the cover too!

Have you read anything by Jay McLean? 


24 comments:

  1. I hear this author is great so I'll give this one a try. Nice pick!

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really does sound super good!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read anything by Jay before, but I'm definitely adding this to my list of must-reads :) Thanks so much for visiting our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely choice
    I really hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, sounds really interesting and a very cute read! The cover is nice, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers for these new adult titles always aren't that nice - I hope that is the cover of the final publication and not only a temporary cover!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I've not read anything by this author. I'll have to check out some previous work, too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to check out some previous work as well before this one is published. I know she has some sort of new adult series, so maybe I'll check that out.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. I do love the cover! I haven't read anything by Jay McLean before (actually never even heard of her until your post!) but it does sound pretty good, I will have to check it out. Hope you enjoy it (and the others that you got too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard about her before either, but then one of her titles was recommended to me on Goodreads and I found this one :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard anything from this author before. I'll have to look into her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like she might be one of those self-published authors or one that has her work published by small publishing house because not many seem to have heard about her. I hadn't either before I found this one from Goodreads!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Love that summery cover and it sounds really good! Thanks so much for stopping by! Now to stalk the author and her other books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am falling in love more and more with the cover the more I see it.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. While it sounds... totally cliche contemporary, I love the style of this synopsis and hope the book is written like this, too. Putting this on my tbr, thanks a lot for stepping by and sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's definitely something very cliche about it, but I hope that it won't leave me disappointed if I ever get a chance to read it. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this or the author, I don't believe, but it sounds really good! And the cover is gorgeous! Those colors! Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete