Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Post (#12)


For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Review) (*****)
The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass (****)
The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass (****)

Coming up:
Review for On The Fence by Kasie West
Top Ten Tuesday - Book Cover trends/elements of covers I like/dislike
Waiting on Wednesday
Review for Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Stacking the Shelves

What I read this week:
Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry
Jane Eyre - Graphic Novel
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

What I watched this week:


I don't know whether I should be embarrassed by this, but I watched a whole season of Storage Wars this week. The idea of that show is so simple, but the different personalities of the buyers and the clearly scripted drama between them is just AMAZING. A perfect form of entertainment. When it comes to reality shows, this is the best I've seen in years (and I usually don't watch reality shows at all!)

I also finished watching Orange is the New Black season 2. Though it wasn't as good as the first season, it got better towards the end and all and all I really enjoyed it! 

I ended up re-watching a couple of films as well: Austenland and The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Around the Internet:

Check out this cool map from Epic Reads



In other news:
I've spent the whole week alone at home - it has been SO FUN! I've pretty much moved to the family room couch - I have my books and laptop here and I have an easy access to the television. I've been seeing some friends too, but mostly I've just been home since the weather has sucked. Finnish summer = a little bit of snow, a little bit of icy rain, crazy wind. This loner living will continue tomorrow when my parents leave for a holiday in the south of Finland.

Only about a month to the big summer music festival here in my city. I've been talking about it with several people this week and it seems a lot of my old friends are coming, which is SUPER cool. Surprisingly the schedule looks pretty good and I'm able to fit in all the artists that I want to see. The "biggest" bands out there are Volbeat and Megadeth but I think I'll skip both of those. My brother is super excited for Megadeth though. 

I made salmon for the first time this week on my own (my mom usually always makes it because I always think I'm gonna mess it up) and it actually was really good! I covered a piece of salmon with pesto, put it to the oven for about an hour and enjoyed it with some fried noodles. Yummy!

This week on Instagram (this is a new feature I'll add sometimes to my Sunday Post posts - this is not everything I posted this week, just some of the highlights)

My cousin's daughter and me. That girl is HILARIOUS.

This is pretty much what my nights have looked like this week. 

Of course I had to participate in the #bookthroughphone tag.

From Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. This book became one of my favorites of all time. So good!

Lazy Sunday outfit

24 comments:

  1. Finnish summer looks... moody ! Ours here is warm and sunny, though windy - which means you don't get cooked by the heat, good ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be really nice (like at the beginning of the month it was like 30 degrees celcius here), but right now it's crap - just rain and really cold! Hopefully it gets better at some point! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like to watch Auction Hunters!! I guess that this one is similar to it! :) I also like your pics and especially the one with that quote which is amazing :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess that's pretty much the same, just in Storage Wars they don't really know what they are paying for most of the time since they can't go into the lockers :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Lol, I love Storage Wars too, it is simple and it's a lot of badmouthing each other but I just keep watching ^_^
    I even watch the Canadian version sometimes.

    Love your Sunday outfit, I'm in a sortlike state...only mine as tigers on them :3

    My Sunday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like the badmouthing parts and the different personalities of the buyers. I'll probably get tired of it at some point, but right now, I love it! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. We watch Storage wars too, don't feel bad- it's the only reality show we watch. They all crack me up. Hope your summer gets better weather- wise... I see you reviewed Ready Player One, loved that book. Off to read your review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really funny, and for some reason I just get super excited about the contents of the lockers :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I am watching Season II of Orange is the New Black. Loving it so far.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Orange is the New Black! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. When my folks go away I usually move into the living room too lol :) It looks like you had a great week on the blog last week and I can't wait to see your reviews next week.
    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything it just easier from the living room - the kitchen is closer and I can have all of my electronics in one place etc. I am already waiting for tomorrow so I can move back to the living room for a week :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. My daughter would seriously love those pants. She loves Ariel! The 40 Year Old Virgin is a good movie, I may just have to watch that again.
    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment I saw them, I knew I had to have them because I love Ariel too. :)
      I didn't find it as funny as I did the first time, but that's just maybe because I knew the jokes already :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. We watched the 40 Year Old Virgin the other night and I laughed just as hard then as the first time I watched it. I've moved into the living room the few times I've been on my own when my husband is out of town - it's just way easier! I haven't watched Storage Wars but I've gotten sucked into various reality shows for some massive binge watching in the past so don't feel bad! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Carell always manages to make me laugh - especially as Michael Scott on The Office. :)
      I don't usually watch reality shows, so finding one that I get obsessed with is kind of weird. But oh well, I'll watch it until it gets boring :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. It's nice to be lazy. my hubby is away for a few days, I plan on relaxing!! lol

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! :) My parents are living today or tomorrow too, so I have some relaxing ahead as well :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Never seen storage wars. Sounds... interesting? I think? You can get Jane Eyre as a graphic novel? Wow. Who knew. Love the USYA photo. Very cool. And hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it :)

    Kacii
    The Kooky Bookworm
    http://thekookybookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's special, for sure. Basically they buy these lockers without really knowing what's in them most of the time, trying to find stuff that's valuable. Sometimes they end up with crap whereas sometimes they find like antiques and stuff like that. :D
      Yeah, it was one of those classics graphic novels in which they use the original text within the comic. My local library had a couple of different ones there like Pride and Prejudice, which I definitely want to read at some point :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Glad you see you enjoyed Ready Player One! Also, I'm just starting On The Fence, can't wait to hear your thoughts! Oh what's your instagram? (Or find me at @Bookmunchies)! I loved to follow (: Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just posted my review - I hope you enjoy the book, it was a pretty good summer read :)
      I started to follow you on Instagram :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Love your instagram shots! I've never seen Storage Wars yet but I can imagine how fun it must have been to be home alone! :) Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post earlier :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Thanks for stopping by as well!!

      Delete