Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#7)


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here

Evidence of Things Not Seen  by Lindsey Lane
(published September 16th 2014 by Farrar, Strauss and Giroux)

When high school junior Tommy Smythe goes missing, everyone has a theory about what happened to him. Tommy was adopted, so maybe he ran away to find his birth parents. He was an odd kid, often deeply involved in his own thoughts about particle physics, so maybe he just got distracted and wandered off. He was last seen at a pull-out off the highway, so maybe someone drove up and snatched him. Or maybe he slipped into a parallel universe. Tommy believes that everything is possible, and that until something can be proven false, it is possibly true. So as long as Tommy’s whereabouts are undetermined, he could literally be anywhere.

Told in a series of first-person narratives from people who knew Tommy and third-person chapters about people who find the things Tommy left behind—his red motorbike, his driving goggles, pages from his notebook—Particles explores themes of loneliness, connectedness, and the role we play in creating our own realities.

This one sounds so GOOD! Especially the way the narrative changes from first-person to third-person sounds really intriguing. 


11 comments:

  1. Something about this book makes it sound to me like we might never find out what happened to Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is highly possible :D I am excited to see how it all turns out though :)

      Delete
  2. Great pick! Evidence of Things Not Seen has been on my wishlist for a while as it sounds fantastic and a little bit different, I really like the cover too - can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I so can't wait for it either. Such a beautiful cover, and I love mysteries, and it sounds like a fun writing style too.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read awfully lot of YA mysteries, but this one does sound so good that I definitely need to pick it up :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh, haven't heard of this one before but it sounds interesting. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is super stunning. Love the color combinations. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Great minds think alike ;) Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so intrigued by this one! I'm waiting for reviews to start coming in to decide if I desperately want it or not. :) But I seriously love the cover. Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete