Thursday, May 1, 2014

Updates, Wrap Ups and All That Jazz: April



I see a lot of people doing these at the beginning of a new month, and I though I would attempt this too, just to kind of collect the things I've read and bought together each month. I did not do a stacking the shelves post last Saturday, so some of these books will be featured on my most this week, but I don't think that really matters. So here we go.

Books Read:

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Double Love (Sweet Valley High #1) by Francine Pascal
Glitches (Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles #1.5) by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass

TOTAL: 14

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised of this, considering I had to write three essays and do my dissertation proposal, and I was still able to read this much. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up now that I'm on holiday and actually have even more time on my hands. I always notice that when I read more, I watch less films, which is kind of bad considering my studies, so I need to find that balance between books and films somehow.

Books bought (physical copies):

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
The World According to Garp by John Irving
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
To Kill a Mockingbird by J.D. Salinger
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Elite by Kiera Cass
1984 by George Orwell
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
Through to You by Emily Hainsworth

TOTAL: 14

This is much more than I usually buy (like literally April was the first month in 2014 that I bought books) and I'm going to justify these books also with the fact that it was my birthday and I bought majority of these books with my birthday money. Also, I won't be buying any books during the summer (most likely) since books are so expensive in Finland.

What I hope to read in May:

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (I have started with this, but with a big book like this, it will probably take a while)


The City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare (WHO ELSE IS EXCITED?)
The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass

I'm doing stuff:

I'll participate in the Bout of Books Readathon which runs from May 12th to May 18th - for more info, click here

I am participating in the Books and Cupcakes monthly photo challenge over at my Instagram. If you want to follow me, click here

Random things:

Today was my last day of my 3rd year in university - I haven't really been in for the last month or so because it's just been essay writing and such, but I returned my last essay today and attended a progression meeting, so now it finally feels like I'm on a holiday.

I will be in London from May 29th to June 1st - if you have any suggestions for what I should do while I'm there (I'm traveling with my mother and my aunt), please leave me a comment.


My hometown's ice-hockey team won the Finnish championship last Saturday. Now I'm preparing to get excited about the Stanley Cup playoffs as well as the hockey world cup. Are there any hockey fans among my readers? If yes, which team are you cheering for?

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read The One! Can't wait!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I almost pre-ordered it, but then just decided to get it for my Kindle so I can buy the paperback copy later to match my copies of Selection and The Elite. :)

      Delete