Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#11)

For more information, click here

Ten Books I Want To Reread

If I Stay by Gayle Forman


According to Goodreads, I read this in 2009, so I think it's a high time for me to read it again, especially since the film is coming out soon. I remember this one giving me some definitely feels, so I probably should prepare for an emotional rereading experience. Back in 2009 I gave this 5/5 stars and I have a feeling the rating will remain the same after a reread. 

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


This is also a title I read back in 2009. I remember loving this one (hence the 5/5 stars), but I never got a chance to continue with the series since my local library did not have the following books. I will definitely pick this one up from the library as soon as I get home! I am especially excited about getting back to Jenny Han after reading and loving To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


I've been meaning to reread this one for such a long time and I'll definitely do so as soon as I get home because I'm pretty sure I have an ARC of this at storage. I gave this one also 5/5, so I know I can expect a satisfying reread. I recently read Panic by Lauren Oliver, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one because I remember liking this even more than Panic.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


With the release of Isla and the Happily Ever After looming closer, I want to get back to both Anna and the French Kiss  and Lola and the Boy Next Door before reading the highly anticipated third book by Perkins. I gave this one also 5/5 stars and I remember being completely in love with Etienne, so I CAN'T WAIT. 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


No explanation needed.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger


I read this one only last summer, but I REALLY enjoyed it and I really want to read it again before the film comes out. It might still be a while for the film, but I am so excited because Mae Whitman is going to play Bianca!!

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord


I only read this a couple of months ago, but I want to read it again because IT WAS JUST SO GOOD! I loved the characters, the friendship between the main character and her best friend, the romance - there really was nothing I could complain about. If you are looking for a perfect summer book, PICK THIS ONE!

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


I devoured this one so fast that I did not fully get to appreciate all the references to films and games etc. At some point, I want to reread this one slowly and watch all the films Cline mentions in his story etc. 

Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita


I remember LOVING this one when I read it for the first time back in 2009. This read like a Disney channel or ABC Family film, and those are my weak spots!! I know I have this home and I can't wait to get back to this one and maybe to the following books in the series.

True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet by Lola Douglas


This is probably one of my favorite nostalgia reads EVER. Every single time I see my copy of this book, I get a smile to my face. I remember buying my copy from Books-A-Million before going to the pool back in summer on 2008 during my exchange student year in US. I have the copy that can be seen in the picture with the splashproof cover, and I remember my friend throwing water on the cover to see whether it really is splashproof (it wasn't). Though the story was cute and all, I want to read this book again just because of the memories that I get when I hold it in my hands. They've actually made a film adaptation of this as well which is a prime example of a crappy Disney channel/ABC family movie you just can't not love. 

Have you read any of these? What are some of the titles you would like to reread? 

13 comments:

  1. Before I Fall is the one that's coming out soon in theatres, right? Been curious about that one...I also want to read Ready Player One :) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I Stay and The Fault in Our Stars are soon coming out as films - I haven't heard about one for Before I Fall.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've been curious about a lot of the books you listed, so it's good to hear they got top marks.

    I definitely agree that Ready Player One should be reread; it's my favorite standalone book and I've revisited it at least four times. Never a dull moment. I really hope Cline makes a sequel or writes something else. Such a fantastic voice/POV.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Cline is coming up with a book called 'Armada' later this year/next year - I am super excited for that one!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great topic, I haven't reread many books since I started blogging and I miss it. I would love to reread the Summer series, If I Stay and TFIOS. I will definitely be reading TFIOS before the movie. I have Open Road Summer and can't wait to read that one, it looks so good. Here's my TTT, I went with my favourite mind-blowing endings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open Road Summer is AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow great topic choice! I would love to reread The Fault In Our Stars!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to pick that one up before the film comes out! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm currently rereading FioS it's way different. I love it though! I love your topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Here's mine! http://kayceekblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/top-tentuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and receive money for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete