Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Post (#8)


For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
The Diviners by Libba Bray (Review) (*****)
Top Ten Tuesday - 5 books about friendship
Waiting on Wednesday (Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsay Lane)
Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (Review) (***)

Coming up:
Review for The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
Review for All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday Freebie - Top Ten books I want to reread

What I read this week:
All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
Shatter Me by Taheref Mafi
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

What I watched this week:
Modern Family season finale - SO GOOD and TOUCHING! This show might not be the best comedy out there, but it does always manage to make me feel things. 

Playing House - I am not sure whether I have mentioned this one before, but if I haven't, I will do it now. You should definitely watch this one! It's funny, has a kickass friendship and hilarious characters.

 

John Mulaney - New In Town - You can find this little gem from Netflix. Mulaney wrote for SNL for years and starting from September (I would think), he'll have his own show on FOX!

Kate & Leopold - This film used to be one of my favorites when I was younger and it still gets me. Plus, Hugh Jackman is a TOTAL babe.

Scoop - I LOVE Woody Allen, and this is one of those films from him I had seen only once before. It is not his best, but I do love the films by him in which he himself acts as well. 

Around the Internet:
17 Books To Read After You Graduate High School (I still have quite many of these to read and I graduated from high school in 2011)

I am still so not over this news... They're publishing a LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES BOOK. A BOOK? GIVE IT TO MEEEEE NOW. If you are as excited as me and want to read an excerpt, you can find it from here

In other News:
As I have probably mentioned million times here before, I will be traveling to London. I will be flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow on Thursday after noon and I'll meet my mom and my aunt who are traveling from Finland at the airport. We will have three full days at the city (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) after which we fly back to Finland and I FINALLY get to go home for summer. We haven't made much plans for the trip yet, other than that we will probably take one of those bus tours since it's my mom's first time in London. We also will visit the Portobello market on Saturday. And I am dying to go to the big Waterstone's which happens to be the biggest bookstore in Europe. 



The hockey championship games are almost over, which means it is time to take a little break from hockey until August. BUT BEFORE THAT... FINLAND WILL PLAY IN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL AGAINST RUSSIA AND I AM SO EXCITED. My favorite player of all time, a guy I've been a fan of since he was a second goaltender in my team in Finnish league back in like 2004 is on the Finnish goal and I am just SO HAPPY for him because he deserves to be in the final more than any other player in the team. He is the sweetest human being I know, and he is so talented and I'm just gushing about the fact that he's in the World Championship final because I always knew when he hardly got to play that one day he would be here. Ahh, all the FEELS. 

30 comments:

  1. I loved both those Colleen Hoover books that you've read this week and I hope you have too. Have a great week.
    Sharon My Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopeless was alright - I had some issues with it, but in the end enjoyed in in general. Maybe Someday I ADORED and I can't wait to read some more New Adult books by Hoover.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link to the Lizzie Bennet book. I am going to go check it out and hope you come by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - I definitely wanted to share the excitement with others :)
      I will definitely pop by your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've just discovered the Lizzie Bennet series exists on Youtube, haven't had time to watch it yet ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you have time to watch it - my recommendation is to binge watch the whole thing!! I am saving Emma Approved, the series that is on now, just so I can binge watch it when it ends :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Firstly I was just going through that list and I have read only one! Man, that sucks. I don't like that list *puts* But back onto other things. Well I first request a picture from Waterstone as I'm even afraid to google it! :D Also I really hope you enjoyed Shatter Me! :)) Have a great time in London! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only read about 10 books from that list, but I bookmarked it and I'm definitely attempting to get to some of them during the summer. There were couple really interesting, earlier YA titles on the list I had not even heard about.
      I will definitely take some photos - I have been to London before several times, but I have never visited that particular Waterstones for some reason, so I will probably have a freak out moment there because I read from somewhere that there are 8 floors in the store. I am hoping the YA section there is really good because it kind of sucks at the my local Waterstones.

      Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I cannot wait to read the Lizzie Bennet book!!! :)
    Have a great trip to London!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Diviners sounds good, I like the 1920's NYC setting sounds like a lot of fun. Will have to check that one out.

    Enjoy London, and good luck to Finland in the final!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1920s NYC setting was one of my favorite things from the book in general! But I am always a sucked for 20s books and for NYC setting, and when those two are put together, I'm sold :)

      Thanks! London will hopefully be awesome, and I have my fingers crossed for Finland tonight. Even silver with this team would be good (mostly guys who are playing in international tournament for the first time), but it would be just so awesome to win gold, especially against Russia's superstar team.

      Delete
  7. Have an exciting trip! Sounds like an awesome time!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It should be good - hopefully the weather is on our side as well :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love Woody Allen movies, too...did you ever see Blue Jasmine?

    Enjoy your week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Jasmine was brilliant! I am more into his older films in general, but Blue Jasmine definitely is one of his best from the newer films he has done. Midnight in Paris is pretty good as well!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a fantastic trip! I love Modern Family but haven't watched the finale yet - now I'm really looking forward to it! The Diviners sounds interesting. A 1920s setting gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those classic heartwarming finales they've had before. Modern Family is one of those shows that I turn to when I just need some quick cheering up - a one 20 minute episode can do miracles. And I've always loved Phil - he's like my ultimate dream guy! :D

      The Diviners is brilliant, you should definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  10. Have fun in London! And I would love to visit the Waterstone's there, we have one waterstone's shop here in the Netherlands and i already think shop is big, so I can't imagine how the Waterstone's in London must be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have a couple of Waterstone's here in Edinburgh, and the main one is four floors, I think, but the London store will probably just be out of this world. I am just hoping that they have a proper YA section and some New Adult books in their collection as well since I haven't really come across any in the Edinburgh stores.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Oh I hope you loved Maybe Someday. -sigh- I loved it so much. Aw, I missed the Modern Family finale. I don't watch a lot of show regularly, but usually catch reruns. lol. But that is a pretty funny show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVED Maybe Someday - I was a crying mess last night while reading the last 10 % or so of it. Such a good book. I had only read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover before, and though I liked that, I liked Maybe Someday much more. I am definitely looking forward to reading more YA books by Hoover.

      I don't even have a TV, so I mostly just watch my shows online. I live in UK at the moment, and since all of the shows I watch are US based, I always just watch them the next day after they have aired. :) I am going to spend the summer at my home in Finland and I'm definitely looking forward to catching up some really old reruns of shows that I love - they usually show Friends and Gilmore Girls several episodes in a row :D

      Delete
  12. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet... but I LOVED Hopeless.... Have a great week!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved Hopeless, I have a hunch you will love Maybe Someday too! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Have a fab time Milka, weather not too bad at the moment here in SE England. Had a bit of rain every day, but don't let that disturb you, it always rains a bit in London just take an umbrella. And go and see Foyles bookshop as well in Charing Cross Road - so worth a visit. Credit card ready ? :)
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to go an buy an umbrella. It rains often here in Edinburgh too, so I'm kind of used to it. This is a totally different type of holiday for my mother and my aunt though, because they usually go to "beach" destinations, where the good weather is pretty much a guarantee, so we'll see how they react to the gloom of England :D
      I will definitely visit Foyles - I've been there before and probably browsed around the story for about 3 hours. I hope my mother has her credit card ready since she'll be the one paying ;)

      Delete
  14. Have a great time in Europe! ^_^

    I haven't read any of the books you've read though... :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Safe travels! I know you must be so excited and happy to be headed home for the summer :) Enjoy your reads too :)

    ReplyDelete