Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Post (#7)


For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
Jane by April Lindner (Review) (***)
Top Ten Tuesday - 10 books I almost put down but didn't
Waiting on Wednesday (Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones)

Coming up:
Review for The Diviners by Libba Bray
Review for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books About Friendship
Waiting on Wednesday
Stacking the Shelves

What I read this week:
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

What I watched this week:
Grey's Anatomy - SEASON FINALE (So good - I really liked the way Christina was said goodbye to. She got her dream, and it wasn't like final or anything because they will still be in touch etc. I really also liked the twist in the end!)

Once Upon a Time - SEASON 1 (I finally finished with this and I think that after taking a little break from this show, I am good to go with season 2 next week!)

Alpha House - SEASON 1 (You all should really watch this amazing comedy on Amazon Instant! It is about four Republican senators who live together in DC. I love everything related to US politics, so when I found this from Amazon Instant, I was so excited.)

Saturday Night Live hosted by Andy Samberg (Andy Samberg is one of my favorite human beings ever and I was so happy to see him host the show after an amazing year with Brooklyn Nine Nine. There were two glorious digital shorts, one of them being a new Lonely Island video.)

Around the Internet:

In other news:
Only a bit over a week and I will be going to London. I am somewhat excited about London, but to be honest, I am more excited about going back home to Finland right after that.

There was a problem with my dissertation topic which I was quite stressed about for a couple of weeks, but now it has been fixed and I have a topic that works and one that I am SUPER excited about. 

15 comments:

  1. The Time Machine- I saw a review for that a while back and decided I wanted to read it, but have not yet. Really curious about it!

    Thanks for the internet links, will check those out. Enjoy your traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been meaning to read The Time Machine since I saw the film years ago, and finally got around to do it. It was a fairly short, interesting read and definitely one I would like to go back to at some point.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Are you going to London for vacation? I am also reading All Lined Up at the moment, so far I am really enjoying it. I love Cora Carmack her writing style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will spend three days in London, so yeah, I guess you could call it a vacation. I live in Edinburgh for most of the year, and in order to travel back home to Finland, I usually have to fly via London. My mother, my aunt and I decided that we could make a vacation out of it, so they are traveling there from Finland and we will then travel back together after the three days in London. Me and my aunt have visited London before, but it will be the first time for my mom there, so it's all very exciting :)

      I just finished with All Lined Up and oh my, IT WAS SO GOOD! Can't wait to put my thoughts together for a review, though I might have to save writing it for tomorrow since I really need to just drown in these feels for a while :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Happy Sunday! I hope you enjoy London! Thanks for the around the internet posts!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that the Internet links were a hit this week! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ha, I was a Bout of Books Epic Fail as well :P I had to drop out on Friday, due to real life stuff sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do so well, but then got information about my dissertation research on Tuesday and only was able to concentrate on that from thereon. I did some catching up during the weekend, but I can't be bothered to even count the pages anymore. Oh well, maybe next time.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. You read some good classics. Hope you have fun in London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a weird week for me with reading only classics.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I am so far behind in Grey's Anatomy... I need to catch up!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tend to fall behind a couple of episodes just so I can watch them then in a row. It is one of my favorite shows on all time, for sure! The final episode was once again SO GOOD.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love the two books your read this week!! Catcher in the Rye is hands down my favorite book of all time. I am all about TV... I love Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Right now I am watching Supernatural on Netflix and loving that !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It did not become my favorite book or anything, but I am happy that I read it because I quite liked it.
    I haven't watch Once Upon a Time in Worderland, but I am probably going to start with season 1 of Once Upon a Time in just a couple of days. I watched the first season of Supernatural and quite liked it, but never continued watching it for some reason.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Milka, hope you will enjoy London, we have beautiful weather here at the moment, not too hot, not too cold (about 20 degree C), and no rain. If you do get the time, go to Charing Cross Road (underground station is called Charing Cross, you walk post Trafalgar Square and up the road - loads of old book shops and at the end, you got Foyles, a huge book store over several floors.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete