Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Post (#6)


For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
We Were Liars E. Lockhard (review) (****)
Top Ten Tuesday (book covers I would frame as posters)
Waiting on Wednesday (Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (review) (****)
Bout of Books 10.0 goals (please check this one out and tell me which books I should read)

Coming up:
Bout of Books updates
Top Ten Tuesday (Ten Books I almost put down but didn't)
Waiting on Wednesday
Review for Jane by April Lindner


What I read this week:
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin
The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins #1) by Tove Jansson


What I watched this week:

Grey's Anatomy (I was behind a couple of episodes, but I'm now all caught up. This is one of the rare shows which I have watched since it aired (so there really hasn't been any binge watching, expect re-watches. This will probably always be one of my favorite shows of all time.)

The Mindy Project season 2 finale (PERFECT! PERFECT! PERFECT!)

The Big Bang Theory (the end to this weeks episode was SO SWEET!) & Modern Family

Once Upon a Time (I started re-watching season 1 and wow, I did not remember how awesome this show actually is)

Eurovision Song Contest (Every year I ask myself why I watch this garbage...)


Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers round 2 games
IIHF World Championships games

Around the blogosphere:

Around the internet:

In other news:
Not much has been going on really. I am already on my summer holiday, and since I haven't gotten any info about my dissertation work yet, I have just been watching shows and ice-hockey and reading books. 

One of my favorite shows, Community, was cancelled by NBC. Damn you, NBC.

If you have any suggestions for activities to do in London/good stores (especially bookstores) to visit, please leave me a comment. I will be in London at the end of the month with my mom and my aunt and I'm still trying to come up with things we should do. 

4 comments:

  1. I like Once Upon a Time. I've only watched the first two seasons since that's all that Netflix has on live stream. I'm hoping they will get more episodes in soon.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently their adding a story line from Frozen to OUAP, which makes me even more excited to catch up with the series :)

      Delete
  2. Curious to know what you thought of Clash of Kings. Enjoy your holiday!

    I looked at that list of classic sci-fi and it's amazing how little of that I've read...course a lot of those titles don't really appeal to me even though I've always been a sci-fi fan. Kinda funny...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I immensely enjoyed A Clash of Kings - there were a couple of characters and storylines I enjoyed more than others (Tyrion and Arya were my favorites), but all in all I found it much more entertaining that the first book (probably because of the fact that I was already familiar with the world and the characters). I am really looking forward to reading the next book soon.

      I've read fairly small amount from the list as well, but then I don't really read particularly lot of sci-fi, though I would like to read more. :)

      Delete