Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0 - Goals

Since I suck with sticking to TBR lists, I will only post a list of possible books from which I will then pick the books I want to read. Most of these are ones I have bought recently as physical copies and some are ebooks.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (I've heard this one is really good and quite sad. I'm just wondering whether it's a quick read or a one I need more time with?)

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Everyone keeps telling me this series is even better than The Mortal Instruments, so I am extremely intrigued to start reading it. From reading some reviews, I gathered that the beginning is kind of slow, but that it picks up quite fast and that the ending is really action packed.)

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (I have actually read this one already, but I want to read it again before I continue with the trilogy. I remember really loving it though.)

Comet in Moominland (The Moomins #2) by Tove Jansson (These are super quick and fun reads and ones that I've read several times, but want to reread).

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien (I don't know much about this one, but it's fairly short and has decent rating on goodreads).

Slammed by Colleen Hoover (I have heard so much about Colleen Hoover that I think it's finally time for me to read something by her)

I probably won't end up reading these all. My goal is to read about 200 pages a day, hopefully more. I am done with my university semester, so I am home pretty much all the time, but with the ice-hockey championship games and the Stanley Cup playoffs, some of my free time will be dedicated to those. 

If you have read any of these books in my list, please leave me a comment to tell whether you think it/them would make a good read for the readathon. 


8 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same... I have a big stack to choose from, rather than committing to specific books. I haven't read any of these, though, so I can't help decide whether they're good for Bout of Books or not. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and good luck to you as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Birthmarked sounds good! Have fun and I hope you get a lot of reading done :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does sound quite interesting - we'll see whether I get to it this week or not :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You have some good books in your list. The ones in the list I have read, I've liked. And most of the others are on my TBR shelf. Have fun with Bout of Books! I know I will! Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with reading 200 pages a day! I'm so bad at sticking to reading so I am going to try with 50+ pages a day!

    Amber bookish wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it goes. I've read so far about 140 pages, so just 60 more to go to reach my goal for today. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete