Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#4)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
Expected publication May 6th by HarperTeen


The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.

I just finished with The Elite, the second book in the trilogy, on Monday night, and though the ending was not a major cliffhanger or anything, I still want to see how this trilogy finishes. The first two books have definitely been super heavy on the love triangle, which has made me both happy and frustrated. I hope that in the last book America actually makes some type of decision at the beginning so there's more time to discover the consequences of her decision etc. 


10 comments:

  1. I haven't really followed this series. I tried reading the first book but it just didn't work out for me. But I know a lot of people are anticipating the final book and I hope you'll enjoy reading it when it comes out.

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely not for everyone - I was super frustrated with the second book occasionally, but I just want to see how this series ends. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. the one has such a beautiful cover, that I want to get it right now.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! These covers are so beautiful. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. NEED THIS BOOK NOW. I've been a mega fan since the beginning, and I haven't minded the love triangle at all, which is...not normal for me. I definitely think America will make a decision in this book, but I've heard that that won't happen until the end...so don't get your hopes up too much? =(

    GREAT pick, and thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope that she feels more decisive though because I feel like at parts during The Elite she was just so annoyingly clueless about what she should do... Oh well, I guess we'll see soon. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Looks like an interesting trilogy. I've seen it on other blogs so I've added to my list to take a closer look.
    Have a great day!
    Laura
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These definitely are not for everyone, but if you like romance/love triangles, you'll probably love these. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I really need to read this series! Especially now that this one is coming out. Hope you enjoy it and that it ends well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are quite fast reads, so it probably won't take too long to marathon through the trilogy :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete