Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#3)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

For more information, click here.

All Lined Up (Rusk University #1) by Cora Carmack
Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks


New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cora Carmack follows up her trio of hits—Losing It, Faking It, and Finding It—with this thrilling first novel in an explosive series bursting with the Texas flavor, edge, and steamy romance of Friday Night Lights.

In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.

Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.

But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.

Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.

Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.

And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.

I've read 'Losing It' by Cora Carmack and ended up being quite surprised of how much I liked it. I would like to venture more to the New Adult genre, and when I noticed this one being compared to 'Friday Night Lights', I was like 'I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. RIGHT NOW!'.  The cover is horrible, but the synopsis sounds really intriguing. 


18 comments:

  1. I"m not sure if this is one I'll pick up, but I hope you enjoy it.
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even KNOW about this! I LOVE Cora Carmack! (The cover IS horrible - that's such a shame!). Have you read the entire Losing It series? It's one of my favorites (...so far. Have quite made it to the 3rd book yet)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so ugly, yeah, but I hope the content is as awesome as the synopsis sounds!
      I have only read the first book, but I'm highly considering reading the second book this weekend for the readathon because I remember the first book being quite a quick read.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This was my WOW a couple of weeks back and I am still as excited if not more especially the closer we get to the release date! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one sounds wonderful and my excitement level is definitely rising as well!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't read the other series, but I haven't ventured into any NA yet (I'm a bit of a wimp with new genres) haha. Hope you enjoy this one though too! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to venture into the NA genre, but I find it hard to decide which books I should pick up. Hopefully this one is a good pick.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yes, great pick! I was part of the cover reveal for this, and it sounds so good! Looking forward to it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :) Can't wait to read this one!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This is a popular pick this week too! I've heard a lot of good things about this author but have yet to pick up anything of hers. Someday! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one books by her before, but I'm hoping that this might get me more into the NA genre.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited for this one! I don't go to a lot of football games or follow many teams, but I somehow love books that involve football! So obviously, excitement! :D Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Football isn't my thing at all since it's not really played at where I'm from, but I love Friday Night Lights, so I feel like this could be right up my alley. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I have seen this one all over today! It sounds good, though I do agree about the cover, it kind of turned me off the first time I saw it, but I do like the synopsis. Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) The cover really is horrendous....

      Delete
  9. This is not my usual kind of read, but I'm constantly hearing great things about Cora Carmack so I'm thinking I may need to check out her work sometime! I agree with you about the cover though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in the Losing It (I think it's called that) series was pretty good, so that's kind of why I even noticed this on Goodreads.
      I want to read more NA, so maybe this could be good start.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete