Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Post (#4)


For more information, click here

Weekly Recap:
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (Review)
Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Related Wishes

Coming up:
Review for Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Characters Who X (you will the blank -- examples: piss me off, are the popular kids etc.)
Book Blitz with Xpresso Book Tours: Written On Her Heart by Paige Rion
Waiting on Wednesday
Stacking the Shelves
+
24 Hour Readathon posts

What I read this week:
City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

What I watched this week:
The Big Bang Theory (I caught up with 2 episodes I had missed)
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
The Mindy Project

Around the blogosphere:
Heather over at Bewitched Bookworms posted about six books that  she couldn't stop thinking about
Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner posted a great review for one of my favorite books of the year so far, Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. 

Around the Internet:
New York Times obituary for Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Trailer for Gone Girl:



Trailer for If I Stay:


Bookish Kanye West parody:


In other news:
So it was my birthday on Monday - I had a good day at home, just eating cake, reading and watching hockey
My dissertation proposal went well and now I only have one more essay to write for the 2nd of May and I'm done with this semester and my 3rd year of university
The Stanley Cup playoffs have started !!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know Gone Girl is being made into a movie, I must have missed that. I'm starting to read it this week and so looking forward to it.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it earlier this week and sadly did not enjoy it. But I'm looking forward to the film because it's directed by David Fincher, one of my favorite contemporary directors, and I have a hunch that it will be one of those cases where I like the film more than the book. But I hope you do enjoy the book!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter, and happy birthday! I've heard a lot of good thing about Attachments. Hope your week is a good one, and enjoy the playoffs... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attachments was truly amazing!
      Thank you, I definitely will! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete