Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Post (#3)


For more information, click here

Weekly recap:
Top Ten Tuesday (#6) - Unique Books
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (Review)
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (Review)

Coming Up:
My birthday post
Top Ten Tuesday (Top Ten Bookish Things [that are not books] That I'd Like to Own)
Waiting on Wednesday
Review for Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
Review for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

What I read this week:
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Double Love (Sweet Valley High #1) by Francine Pascal
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5) by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

What I watched this week:
Because of university assignments I haven't really been watching much of anything, because when I need to write about films, I don't want to confuse myself with other visual material. But I did watch The Mindy Project and Parks and Recreation. AND OH MY GOD BEN AND LESLIE <3 p="">

Around the blogosphere:
Reviews from a Bookworm posted a discussion post titled Why Do Books and Readers Glorify Abusive Relationships?
Giselle over at Bo-ok Nerd Canada posted about her thoughts on Adults who read YA/Teen Books

Around the Internet:
Which Austen Hero is Your Soulmate? (Mine is Mr. Tilney, btw. I usually get Darcy...)
The 5th Wave Casting News
Check out this awesome still from If I Stay (I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS ONE)

In other news:
My hometown's ice-hockey team gained a place at the Finnish league finals on Wednesday and the first game will be on Tuesday! I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED.


I have my dissertation proposal presentation on Wednesday.... wish me luck.

22 comments:

  1. I got Mr Knightley as a soulmate :) With a little advance, happy birthday !!!!!
    And fingers crossed for wednesday, you'll do fine. Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dreamy Mr Knightley...
      Thank you! I'm not really a birthday person, but I'm excited for the cake :)
      And thanks - I'm not really nervous or anything, I just want it to be over so I can concentrate on other stuff :D

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday girl! :) I wish you all the best :) and also good luck at your presentation but I know you'll rock the show :)
    I really hope you enjoyed both Cinder and Scarlet as I really love both :)
    Great post and thanks for stopping by :) I'm your new stal..I mean follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      I don't know about rocking, but at least I'll pass for sure :D
      I loved Cinder and Scarlet both and I'm really looking forward to falling in love with Cress too. :)
      Thanks for stopping by and for following :)

      Delete
  3. I got Mr Darcy… I think I can live with that :) And fingers crossed on your dissertation proposal presentation!
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that definitely is something you should be able to live with :)
      Thanks and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ooo Happy Birthday and you read some awesome books this week Milka! Hope the week ahead is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're huge hockey fans over here and two of our kids play :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday!

      I was surrounded by hockey fans during my business trip to Philadelphia, PA. The college hockey championship was happening there. I think all the North Dakota fans were staying in my hotel.

      Delete
    2. That's great, always get to hear from other hockey fans! :)
      I'm from Finland, where hockey is kind of a big deal, and it is definitely one of the things I miss most from home now that I study abroad. Especially during the playoffs - it always kills me a little to watch the games online when I know that a bunch of my friends and family are there at the stadium watching the game...

      Delete
  6. Good luck Weds and Happy Birthday! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday this week, and congrats on the hockey news. Hope they do well...

    I thought they did a good job with that Fangirl fan video. They cast it really well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And me too, because it will probably be to much for me to handle if the games don't go well...:D

      The casting for that video is amazing - spot on!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday and good luck with your dissertation proposal! You got a lot read last week, impressive.

    have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm surprisingly ahead in uni work, so I've had a lot of time to read. I still have one essay to write, but I decided not to start until I get through my proposal, so now I'm kind of just counting days so I can deliver the proposal and continue with my assignments....

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Happy early birthday! I am a new follower of yours :)

    I missed that post on abusive book relationships. I am off to check that out now

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete