Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#6)


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"
For more info, click here
 
PHYSICAL COPIES:
Geek Girl (Geek Girl #1) by Holly Smale
Harriet Manners knows a lot of things.
She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves.
As Harriet veers from one couture disaster to the next with the help of her overly enthusiastic father and her uber-geeky stalker, Toby, she begins to realise that the world of fashion doesn't seem to like her any more than the real world did.
And as her old life starts to fall apart, the question is: will Harriet be able to transform herself before she ruins everything?
Birthmarked (Birthmarked #1) by Caragh M. O’Brien
In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the wall and those, like sixteen-year-old midwife, Gaia Stone, who live outside. Gaia has always believed it is her duty, with her mother, to hand over a small quota of babies to the Enclave. But when Gaia's mother and father are arrested by the very people they so dutifully serve, Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught to believe. Gaia's choice is now simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying.
Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.
Through to You by Emily Hainsworth
Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. He’d give anything to have just one more glimpse of her. But when Cam visits the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees an apparition. Her name is Nina, and she’s a girl from a parallel world. When Cam follows her there and makes an unbelievable discovery, it’s as if all his wildest dreams have come true. But things are very different in this other world. Nina is hiding a secret, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with the truth, he’s forced to make a choice that will change his life forever.
 
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "
Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.
Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.
When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.
By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.
What would he say . . . ?
EBOOKS:
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.













36 comments:

  1. Great haul! I've had Birthmarked and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour on my shelves for what feels like forever, I'm going to have to finally read them this year. I got To All The Boys I've Loved Before too, but I was a little disappointed sadly. I hope you love it!

    This week I visited UK's most beautiful library! Find me Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I randomly found Birthmarked and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour from this discount bookshop for pound each - Amy & Roger I've been wanting to read for ages, Birthmarked was a complete cover buy.
      I'm really excited to read it, so I hope I won't be disappointed.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. You've got some amazing books in your haul this week. I adored Geek Girl and I'm reading Birthmarked soon! :-) I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to read Geek Girl for ages, so I was really happy when I found it from this discount bookstore.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I quite like the sound of Attachments, even though it wouldn't normally be my thing... I hope you enjoy all these!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attachments was SO GOOD. The characters, the format of the novel, the writing and the pacing... Everything was perfect!

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and Attachments so hope you do too! I've had Birthmarked (in hardcover) on my shelves since the day it came out but still haven't read it, maybe once I've bought the other books in the series I'll start it :)

    Enjoy your new books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Attachments already and completely loved it. I'm really excited for Amy & Roger because I've been wanting to read it for ages and I finally found a copy of it from this discount bookstore.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Through to You sounds awesome. I half believe that their is a veil they say it is especially true in Jerusalem. I wonder....
    Hope you enjoy all your books!
    Thanks for stopping by my STS this week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by as well! I'm really excited to pick up Through to You hopefully very soon :)

      Delete
  6. a lot of your books with the exception of Jenny Han are new to me. Enjoy your new books and have a lovely weekend.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul! I've been wanting to read Birthmarked for so long, so I hope it's amazing! I really love the cover. Jenny Han's books sounds really amazing as well; I've been seeing it around a ton lately. I hope you enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never actually even heard about Birthmarked - I saw it on a discount bookshop for £1, fell in love with the cover and decided that I should buy it. I was happy to see though that I had quite good ratings on Goodreads and so.

      I am super excited for Jenny Han's book - it sounds so awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I liked Through to You, it was a unique premise. Enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just finished To All The Boy's I've Loved Before and really enjoyed it! Even though I wanted a bit more from the ending. Hope you enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard quite many good things about it, so I'm really looking forward to reading it soon.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  10. So jealous, I want to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, happy reading!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it since everyone seems to be saying that it's really good!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Love the British edition of Birthmarked - so much more unique than the US one. :) And enjoy Holly's book - Harriet Manners is super charming. :)

    Stacking the Shelves #35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed from Goodreads that the US cover was not nearly as nice as the UK one, so I'm happy that I got the UK cover. Also the UK cover for Amy&Roger's in much nicer than the US one. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. OMG I love love LOVE To All The Boys I've Loved Before! It got a rare 5 stars from me - and it's a contemporary! I'm not usually a big contemporary person. I hope you read and love it - and all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds promising! I've seen from a lot of blogs and BookTube videos that a lot of readers who usually don't read contemporary much have really enjoyed it and that makes me so excited to read it!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  13. Nice haul! I am dying to read To All The Boys I've Loved Before, still waiting for my pre-order to arrive. I remember reading and really enjoying Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, a really great read. I hope you enjoy all your books and thanks for stopping by my haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited for both All the Boys and Amy&Roger's - they seem like perfect, summery reads.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. I so need to pick up a copy of Geek Girl and Through to You, I've had them on my wish list for a while. Happy reading and happy Easter! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Rainbow, I hope you enjoy her book. OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already finished with Attachments and loved it, like other novels I've read by her as well!
      I can't wait to read Landline by her!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  16. Ahh I just love seeing all the different covers from around the world. They're so gorgeous and I hear that TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE is amazing. I did already read a couple of pages already. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Though I love the floppy US paperbacks, I think the UK covers generally are nicer (though there still are some horrible ones out there too). :D I'm not quite sure whether I should leave To All The Boys I've Loved Before for summer holiday, or just read it now.... It sound super awesome though.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  17. I loved Attachments and really like To All the Boys I've Loved Before (read it now. It's cute, but not a "summer" book). I've been meaning to read Amy and Roger for FOREVER. I don't know why I haven't yet.

    I hope your team did well this weekend! You'll have to let me know. Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been wanting to read Jenny Hans books for so long! I just love the covers and the story lines there. Hope you love all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read Attachments sometime soon. It's still $20 on paperback here in Australia so I'm thinking bookdepository's going to have to be the answer. Thanks for stopping by earlier. I've been away for Easter so I'm just getting back to my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a great haul! Many of those titles are ones that I've been wanting to read. & I love the covers!

    ReplyDelete