Saturday, April 12, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#5)


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"
For more info, click here

The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson (expected publication by July 1st 2014 by HarperTeen – review copy from NetGalley)
A haunting mystery, romance in the vein of The Lovely Bones by New York Times bestselling author.
"The yard of this house is a graveyard of moments and everything left behind is a clue. And I am here to dig."
There's a ghost haunting 208 Water Street. She doesn't know who she was, or why she's still here. She does know that she is drawn to Maggie, the new girl in town, and her friends - beautiful, carefree Pauline and Liam, the boy who loves her.
But the ghost isn't all that's lurking in Gill Creek... Someone is killing young girls all across the county. Can the ghost keep these three friends safe? Or does she have another purpose?

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder
Loyalty. Envy. Obligation. Dreams. Disappointment. Fear. Negligence. Coping. Elation. Lust. Nature. Freedom. Heartbreak. Insouciance. Audacity. Gluttony. Belief. God. Karma. Knowing what you want (there is probably a French word for it). Saying Yes. Destiny. Truth. Devotion. Forgiveness. Life. Happiness (ever after).
Hannah and Zoe haven’t had much in their lives, but they’ve always had each other. So when Zoe tells Hannah she needs to get out of their down-and-out New Jersey town, they pile into Hannah’s beat-up old Le Mans and head west, putting everything—their deadbeat parents, their disappointing love lives, their inevitable enrollment at community college—behind them.
As they chase storms and make new friends, Zoe tells Hannah she wants more for her. She wants her to live bigger, dream grander, aim higher. And so Zoe begins teaching Hannah all about life’s intangible things, concepts sadly missing from her existence—things like audacity,insouciance, karma, and even happiness.
An unforgettable read from the acclaimed author of The Probability of Miracles, The Museum of Intangible Things sparkles with the humor and heartbreak of true friendship and first love.

What did you add to your shelves this week?


33 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover of The Moment Collector is beautiful! I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - can't wait to get into it soon :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Milka. Thanks for stopping by. :) You have a lovely blog.

    The Museum of Intangible Things just screams-read me, read me! And I will read it as soon as I get the book. Hope it's good and the cover doesn't end up fooling me.

    Have you read the debut novel of The Museum of Intangible Things author, The Probability of Miracles? I have the audio version but I can't find the time to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      The cover is so beautiful and the synopsis sounds great as well, so I'm really looking forward to reading it. Might be though that I save it for the summer, just because it kind of sounds like a summery book :)

      I actually haven't, but I would really like to... I just haven't really seen it in any of the bookstores around here, and I feel like it's one of those books I never realize to look for online, and would just have to buy from a store. I'm going to London in a bit over a month, so maybe one of the bookstores there has it on stock.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I was quite disappointed by The Moment Collector but I hope you enjoy it :) The Museum Of Intangible Things sounds great :) Enjoy your new reads! New Bloglovin' and Google+ followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of noticed that it does not have exceptionally good reviews... Oh well, I'll give it a go closer to the UK publication and see what I think. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and for following :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! The Moment Collector sounds good and I love the cover. Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarlet and Cress! And Cinder! Those books have been on my TBR for so long now, I don't know why I haven't read them yet! Anyway, have fun reading all these! :D
    Stacking the Shelves
    Dress Up That Cover #3 - Every Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been meaning to read Cinder too for AGES and finally started with the series this week, pretty much reading both Cinder and Scarlet on one sitting :)
      Thank you and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. The Moment Collector sounds really good, and it's really pretty. And I love The Lunar Chronicles - they're amazing! I hope you enjoy them, and thank for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have Cress to read, but both Cinder and Scarlet were AWESOME! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have The Moment Collector too! I was really confused when I was trying to find it on Goodreads and found it had a completely different name and a different cover. :/

    Under The Mountain's STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I did not even notice that... I think I got to its Goodreads page through some other site though, so maybe there was no confusion because of that.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I have CInder to read and I heard so many great things about the sequels too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder was so good! Scarlet was really enjoyable read as well, but I must say I liked Cinder more. I'm really excited for Cress too!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Nice haul! The Museum of Intangible Things is one I have had my eye on for a while now, it looks really interesting. I really need to hurry up and read the Lunar Chronicles series, I hear amazing things. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover for it is so beautiful - I'm probably saving it for summer, but I'm super excited to read it.
      I've read Cinder and Scarlet now, and loved both, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading Cress. I wasn't sure whether all the type around these books was deserved when I was planning on reading them, but in general, I must agree with the hype now because this series is so awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. You have a great combination of books here! I'm familiar with two ot them -- "Scarlet", which I own but haven't read yet (and I have to read "Cinder", too...), and "Cress", which I still have to get. I've never heard of the other two, but they sure look good!! "The Museum of Intangible Things" has a cute cover, and I like the plot. "The Moment Collector" sounds awesome, but I wish they had picked a more original cover.

    Thanks for sharing your books! Hope you enjoy them all!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lunar Chronicles have been awesome so far (I still have Cress to read), and I hope you end up enjoying them too :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. The Moment Collector sounds amazing. I loved Tiger Lily, so I'm sure I'll love this one, too. And the cover for it is beautiful (even though it reminds me a little bit of the covers of the Newsoul series).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Tiger Lily, but I've heard that it's really good, so I might pick that one up before reading The Moment Collector.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. Great haul!I hope you enjoy them!
    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder sounds incredible, something I'd definitely be grabbing a copy of. Love all things quirky, especially road trips.
    Awesome haul this week. Happy reading Milka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road trip books are awesome reads for summer, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading Wendy Wunder's book at the porch with a glass of ice-tea and some fresh strawberries.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  14. I loved Scarlet and Cress! I can't wait to get around to reading The Museum of Intangible Things. There's something about that cover that just pulls me in.

    Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have Cress to read, but Scarlet was awesome! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. The Moment Collector's the UK edition of The Vanishing Season (I think), right? I'm actually really liking that cover than the US. Haven't really looked at the ratings or early reviews yet since I'm reviewing it too, but hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it has a different UK title name because someone just commented me earlier saying that they had difficult time finding it from Goodreads....

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  16. Nice haul, Milka. I want to read the Cress series, too, and The Moment Collector looks kind of creepy.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. The museum of intangible things looks really good. I hope you love it!!

    Happy reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marissa Meyer is one of those authors I still need to sit down and read. Hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete