Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#4)


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"
For more info, click here
 
The Sound of Letting Go by Stasia Ward Kehoe (Published February 6th 2014 by Viking Children’s)
For sixteen years, Daisy has been good. A good daughter, helping out with her autistic younger brother uncomplainingly. A good friend, even when her best friend makes her feel like a third wheel. When her parents announce they’re sending her brother to an institution—without consulting her—Daisy’s furious, and decides the best way to be a good sister is to start being bad. She quits jazz band and orchestra, slacks in school, and falls for bad-boy Dave.
But one person won’t let Daisy forget who she used to be: Irish exchange student and brilliant musician Cal. Does she want the bad boy or the prodigy? Should she side with her parents or protect her brother? How can she know when to hold on and when—and how—to let go?
 
Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga #1) by Erica Cameron (Published March 4th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press)
Mariella Teagen hasn't spoken a word in four years.
She pledged her voice to Orane, the man she loves—someone she only sees in her dreams. Each night, she escapes to Paradise, the world Orane created for her, and she sings for him. Mariella never believed she could stay in Paradise longer than a night, but two weeks before her eighteenth birthday, Orane hints that she may be able to stay forever.
Hudson Vincent made a pledge to never fight again.
Calease, the creature who created his dream world, swore that giving up violence would protect Hudson. But when his vow caused the death of his little brother, Hudson turned his grief on Calease and destroyed the dream world. The battle left him with new abilities and disturbing visions of a silent girl in grave danger—Mariella.
Now, Hudson is fighting to save Mariella's life while she fights to give it away. And he must find a way to show her Orane’s true intentions before she is lost to Paradise forever.
Burn Out by Kristi Helvig (Expected publication April 8th 2014 by EgmontUSA [netgalley])
A futuristic blend of Beth Revis's Across the Universe and Lenore Appelhans's Level 2, Burn Out will satisfy the growing desire for science fiction with a thrilling story of survival, intrigue, and adventure.
Most people want to save the world; seventeen-year-old Tora Reynolds just wants to get the hell off of it. One of the last survivors in Earth's final years, Tora yearns to escape the wasteland her planet has become after the sun turns "red giant," but discovers her fellow survivors are even deadlier than the hostile environment.
Holed up in an underground shelter, Tora is alone--her brilliant scientist father murdered, her mother and sister burned to death. She dreams of living on a planet with oceans, plants, and animals. Unfortunately, the oceans dried out ages ago, the only plants are giant cacti with deadly spines, and her pet, Trigger, is a gun--one of the bio-energetic weapons her father created for the government before his conscience kicked in.
When family friend, Markus, arrives with mercenaries to take the weapons by force, Tora's fury turns to fear when government ships descend in an attempt to kill them all. She forges an unlikely alliance with Markus and his rag-tag group of raiders, including a smart but quiet soldier named James. Tora must quickly figure out who she can trust, as she must choose between saving herself by giving up the guns or honoring her father's request to save humanity from the most lethal weapons in existence.
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer (Published January 3rd 2012 by Feiwei & Friends)
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
 
+City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (I won’t post the description since this is a 5th book in a series and I don’t want to give spoilers for anyone….)
Though I am super excited about all of these new books, I think the most exciting addition to my bookish items this week is my new KINDLE. I’ve been using my Samsung Galaxy Tab which I purchased in 2011 to read ebooks, and though it has not been horrible or anything, the battery on that thing is so bad that you cannot really use it without having it plugged in all the time. So this definitely was a needed purchase because now I can take my ebooks with me when I travel etc. without having to worry about finding a power source for my tablet.










68 comments:

  1. Yay for having a new ereader! I like my Kobo a bit more than I loved my Kindle, but only a teeeeeny bit. *laughs* I got an awesome sticker thing to decorate my Kindle, too; I forget what the actual word for it is. But they're fun.

    I hope you enjoy both your Kindle and your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of between a Nook and a Kindle, but since I've wanted Kindle for ages, I though I should go with that. I haven't really done much with it yet (I used mostly ePub on my tablet, so converting the books I had from epub to mobi took AGES), but I feel like I'm gonna be happy that I bought it :)

      I was looking for covers for it from Amazon but didn't yet find one that I want. There are so many there that I really need to take some time and find one :D

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. How are you finding Cinder? I really enjoyed that one when read it a year back. I haven't gotten around to the sequel yet though.

    I got myself a kindle not long ago, but I haven't had the chance to use it properly yet. I still keep going back to my paper copies when I wonder what next to take off my tbr.

    Thanks for popping over. I'm following you on bloglovin' now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about 16% of the book so far and I have really enjoyed it so far! I've been meaning to read it for ages, but just haven't got around. I wanted to start something on my Kindle and I thought Cinder would be perfect for it. :)

      I probably should have waited a couple of weeks to buy it, just so that I would focus on my university assignments and not organizing my books to collections etc. but oh well.... I have a lot of paper copies here I haven't read, so I need to make sure that I read those as well at some point :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great haul of books! And a Kindle! Hope you're enjoying Cinder, even though I now own all three books I still haven't read any of the Lunar Chronicles but I really should start them soon.

    Hope you enjoy your new books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading Cinder at the moment and I'm really enjoying it so far! I've been meaning to read the series for ages, and I'm happy I finally started with the first book - and with my brand new Kindle :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy Cinder. I need to start reading it myself. It has been sitting on my shelf for so long. Happy Reading!

    Mary
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more and more I read Cinder I feel like banging my head to the wall for not starting it earlier :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I have Cinder but I still need to read it! Happy reading and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Lunar Chronicles seems to be everyone's pick for Stacking the Shelves!!! That series has been on my radar!!! Enjoy all your books and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's been surprisingly many shelves with those books this weekend.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the Kindle! I absolutely love mine and use it almost constantly throughout the week. Cinder is awesome, as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait til my uni semester is over so I can use it more :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. "The Sound of Letting Go" sounds interesting. Enjoy all your books and congrats on the Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to read Burn Out. I didn't request it from NG because I'm drowning with school work, but I'll definitely buy a copy when it comes out.
    Also, I hope you'll Cinder! It's awesome.

    Happy reading!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel you, school work is piling up here as well...
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Yay for the new ereader! Plus, I adore the Lunar Chronicles. Enjoy your new goodies :) My STS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new kindle! You certainly have some fantastic books to go with it. :)

    Here's My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Fantastic haul of books this week!! I adored Cinder!! I haven't heard of the other ones but I'll definitely have to check them out :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      I'm about half way through with Cinder now and I really love it - can't wait to see what happens next :)

      Delete
  14. Great haul and congrats on the Kindle! Sing Sweet Nightingale sounds intriguing and is not one I have seen before. I still need to read Cinder. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - just ordered a cover for it from Amazon so I can start taking it around with me :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Congrats on the new ereader! I love reading from my kindle :)
    And yay I'm reading Cinder too! Can't wait to see what you think about it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is only the second night I have it, but I already love it. Just ordered a cover for it so I can start taking it around with me. :)
      I'm about halfway through with Cinder and I LOVE IT. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

      Delete
  16. I hope you enjoy Cinder more than I did. And yay for The Mortal Instruments! Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I got back to Mortal Instruments - I just finished with book 2 earlier this week. And with buying the 5th one, I have a full set of them now, which makes me all kinds of happy :D

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  17. Congrats on the Kindle- I am in love with mine, I hope you enjoy yours just as much :) Also, I am insanely jealous of Burn Out- I want that one SO badly! I also really need to read Cinder, I feel like I am the only one who hasn't yet. Thanks for stopping by STS too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think these two days I've had with the Kindle have been a start of a beautiful friendship which hopefully will last long :)
      It really seems like EVERYONE has read the Lunar Chronicles and I'm happy I was finally able to jump to that bandwagon :)

      Delete
  18. An a new Kindle? Sweet! I couldn't live without mine either. It really does open you up to a lot of digital only books that you you would get the chance to read.

    The Sound of Letting Go reminds me a lot of Perfect Chemistry, I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yeah, I haven't really even gone through the store with it, I had so many unread books on my previous ereader that I just transferred those to the new one and am still in the process of organizing them to collections.... :D

      I have read Perfect Chemistry ages ago, never continued with the series though it's one of those I really want to go back to at some point.

      Delete
  19. Nice stack! And congrats on your new kindle, too. I love my kindle so much, it's one of the best inventions ever, IMO :)

    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books, they look really good. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, definitely!
      Now that I have it I can't believe I once spent money on a tablet - I liked that thing at first, with its shiny screen and possibility to go to youtube etc. but the battery is now so BAD on it that I always had to read in a place where I was able to plug it in...

      Delete
  20. Burn Out looks awesome! AND OMG CINDER! YESSSS CINDER! I think The Lunar Chronicles are really fast working their way up to becoming one of my favourite series ever. Each book is better than the next! ;) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard so many good things about the Lunar Chronicles that I FINALLY had to give them a chance. And I'm happy I did, because I'm loving Cinder so far :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. LOVE my Kindle. Enjoy! And, loved Cinder. Thanks for stopping by Annette's Book Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cinder! (I still haven't read it yet, but I own it now.) But I SO need to read it soon, I keep having to push it back though. :( And yay for the Kindle, I had an e-reader but it was kind of crappy so I was using my laptop to read my review copies, but then bought a Kindle because it was too annoying. They're so good though! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! But I hope you get to read it soon, because it has been AWESOME!
      I remember reading my first ebooks from my laptop - didn't really work for me. My tablet was alright for a while, but mainly the battery life kept bothering me. I was planning to buy a Kindle already last year, but now finally got to doing it. :)

      Delete
  23. Great haul! I am thinking of getting a new Kindle, I want to upgrade to the Paperwhite so I can have a light on mine! :) I am happy that I am not the only person who still hasn't gotten to Cinder, I really need to hurry up and do that. I hope you enjoy your books and thanks for stopping by my haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of Paperwhite too at first, but because I did not want a touch screen device, I went with the "normal" Kindle. I ordered a clip of light for it though, just for those times that I might want to read in the dark. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Oh the Sound of Letting Go looks great! I need to add that to my TBR. Enjoy it and the others -- especially Cinder! :)

      Thanks for stopping by my StS!

      Delete
  24. Congrats on the new Kindle! I was having the same problem with my Nook, so I switched to Kindle a couple of years ago and never looked back. :) Hope you enjoy all your new reads! Oh, and I'm glad to have The Mindy Project back, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Hey, a fellow Mindy fan - AWESOME! That show is SO GOOD. And Chris Messina.... damn.

      Delete
  25. I loved Sing Sweet Nightingale. It was such an original and imaginative book. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that it was a good read :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. Great books and big congrats on your Kindle!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  27. I rather liked Cinder and really enjoyed Burn Out! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished with Cinder and LOVED it! I'm gonna read Scarlet next right after I finish with the one I had in queue for next. :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  28. I just finished Burn Out for a blog tour and it was great! I have The Sound of Letting Go, but I haven't read it yet.

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that it's awesome! Can't wait to read it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  29. Wow, awesome haul you got this week! I also received BURN OUT from NetGalley a while back. I'm SO excited to read it. I have a finished copy arriving in the mail Tuesday!

    Anyways, you got a lot of great books, I hope you enjoy them all and thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read what you think of Burn Out :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  30. Great stack! Thanks for stopping by! I have Burn Out to read too. I LOVED Cinder! Congrats on your new Kindle! I love mine. :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) Cinder was really good - I'm thinking of starting Scarlet next!

      My Kindle has been magical so far :)

      Delete
  31. Yay for the new Kindle! I love mine so much. I still need to read Cinder. I feel like I'm the last person in the world to read it. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay indeed, I'm so in love with it right now that it's kind of distracting me from things that I should be doing (uni work, catching up with TV shows etc).
      I LOVED Cinder (I felt like I was the last person in the world who has not read it yet too), and I'm just about to start with Scarlet and I'm super excited. I can't believe I did not start reading these books earlier.... Silly me.

      Delete
  32. OMG, you will love love love your Kindle! I read on a table for over a year and thought nothing of it but then i started to read more and more reviews about the Kindle Paperwhite and realized that my tablet was making my eyes fatigues. I am addicted to reading on Kindle now and when I have to read my epubs on the tablet it feels so weird!!! I hope you enjoy all your books too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should totally download Calibre to your laptop and convert your epub files to mobi - I did that with a lot of my books from my tablet!

      Delete
  33. Nice going on Cinder!! Hope you like it :D

    ReplyDelete