Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24h Readathon: Hour 7 update


So after staring at 1pm, I read til 3pm and then took a break. But that break was for the BEST reason I can think of because the ice-hockey team from my home town, one of the greatest loves and passions of my life just won THE FINNISH CHAMPIONSHIP. This is such a big deal for me and I am so incredibly happy I cannot even express it yet with words. 


But I am happy to get back to reading now, and I'll do it by participating in the Best of Your Reading Year challenge. So here are some really good books I've read so far this year.

Best YA Book of Your Reading Year:  Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (This was everything I want from a YA contemporary novel: funny, romantic, deals with real issues, has awesome characters and character relationships. If you like novels of Sarah Dessen, you'll probably like this one as well.

Best Story Line of Your Reading Year: I've been reading the Mortal Instruments series this year, and I think the story line and character development on those novels is just phenomenal. 

Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year: I don't know can I really call We Were Liars by E. Lockhart a mystery novel, but it definitely had an element on mystery in it, and the twists and turns of the plot were just incredibly well executed. 


1 comment: