Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #1

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves

For more information, click here!


The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes 


Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is used to getting what she wants, and when her boyfriend Jason breaks up with her for no reason, what she wants is to win him back before the start of their senior year. Lainey and her friend Bianca check the interwebz for tips and tricks, but the online dating advice is all pretty lame. 

Then the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. Didn't someone once say that love is a battlefield? Jason isn't going to stand a chance once Lainey and Bee go all Zhou Dynasty on him... 

Old school strategy and subterfuge meet modern-day dramarama in the story of a girl who sets out to win at all costs and ends up discovering what's really worth fighting for.

I am a sucker for good YA contemporary, and this one seems to be gathering quite a buzz around it. The whole 'Art of War' aspect sounds SUPER INTERESTING! Can't wait to read this one since it sounds like a perfect book for the summer!

8 comments:

  1. I dont read Contemp very often but this sounds good. Hope you get it soon!! http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/03/wishlist-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has not been released yet, but I'm highly considering pre-ordering it.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I heard about this somewhere, is it a debut or something? It sounded really good, but I feel like there was a reason why I didn't get, maybe it was because it's not out yet, or? Great pick! :-)
    My WW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it is a debut, at least my very quick Google search gave me that result.
      And yeah, you're right, it's not out yet - I think it is released in bit over a month or so - I've been seeing a lot of these countdown widgets for it on blog sidebars. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a clever twist on the Art of War, and like a funny combination. It seems like a book I would enjoy. Great pick!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! This one really does sound quite clever - it's always nice to see something new, especially on YA books since it sometimes feels like all the books have the same premise :)

      Delete
  4. Very interesting book. I hope you get it soon!
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/wishlist-wednesday-89.html

    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete